Thumbnail size on store page

• 10 months later...

I would love to know the answer for this as well. Have looked all over but couldn't find a solution. The URL for my site is https://meeting-house-fabric.squarespace.com, pw: fabric.

Please see attached images. I'd like to change the look and feel of the store page's thumbnails in image 1 (which can be found at https://meeting-house-fabric.squarespace.com/shop/fabric/country-chic/strawberries-and-rhubarb) to look more like the thumbnails in image 2 (https://meeting-house-fabric.squarespace.com/fabric).

In other words, smaller thumbs and 6 across. Image 1 is the automatic output when I gather all the images for that particular category. Image 2 is a gallery I created on another page. 

The Edit Section popup editor (image 3) for the particular page section for image 1 gives me only limited control over the thumbnail size, and only allows there to be a maximum of 4 columns. 

Is there code that could allow me to have 6 thumbnails across, with smaller thumbnails?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!

image1.png

image2.png

image3.png

@watts-design

Add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the store page.

<style>

/*

begin change store product grid column number

Version         : 0.1d0

SS Version      : 7.1

By              : Thomas Creedon < http://www.tomsWeb.consulting/ >

*/

.products.collection-content-wrapper .list-grid {

--twc-columns : [enter number of columns here];

}

/* do not change anything below, there be the borg here */

grid-template-columns : repeat( var( --twc-columns ), minmax( 0, 1fr ) );

}

/* end change store product grid column number */

</style>

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Hey Thomas...thanks so much for your help! I believe I entered your code as you directed but it didn't work. Just to be sure I did it correctly, attached is a screenshot of the page header code injection for my store settings page. As you can see, the only thing I changed as directed was the number of columns to 6. Did I do it correctly?

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 12.39.06 PM.png

It appears you have nested the style tag in a script tag. That won't work.

<script>
   $(function() {
     $("<a class='outline_btn4' href='javascript:history.back()'>Back</a>").insertAfter(".ProductItem-nav-breadcrumb");        
   })<style>

/*

Version         : 0.1d0

SS Version      : 7.1

By              : Thomas Creedon < http://www.tomsWeb.consulting/ >

*/

--twc-columns : 6;

}

}

</style><script>Static.COOKIE_BANNER_CAPABLE = true;</script>

It should probably look more like.

<style>

/*

Version         : 0.1d0

SS Version      : 7.1

By              : Thomas Creedon < http://www.tomsWeb.consulting/ >

*/

--twc-columns : 6;

}

}

</style>

<script>

$(function() {
     $("<a class='outline_btn4' href='javascript:history.back()'>Back</a>").insertAfter(".ProductItem-nav-breadcrumb");        
   })

Static.COOKIE_BANNER_CAPABLE = true;

</script>

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Thanks so much, Creedon! Thing is, though, the code didn't work in my Store page code injection. It did work when I put it in Design / Custom CSS. I want it to work site-wide, and it looks good throughout the site, so I'm happy with it. But do you foresee an issue with me doing it that way?

1 hour ago, watts-design said:

But do you foresee an issue with me doing it that way?

If it's working I don't see a problem and if you want the effect site wide then Custom CSS is a good place for the code. Minus the style tag of course! 🙂

• 1 month later...

@dhobman

I don't see a way to get that done at least not without a fair amount of work. The two SS versions are building those tables in different ways. SS v7.0 is taking a more dynamic approach and building the CSS for the product grid on the fly. I'm not seeing a way to intervene once SS has picked up the number of columns set in the SS interface.