Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Import csv error in mailing list

Hi There

I can not import a csv file of email addresses – always get the same error message: "The first column of your CSV must contain at least one email address."

Of course first column contains nothing but an email address. Also the doc has exactly three columns as requested.  Nothing works.

Even if I download a list that has been created within squarespace, open, export from numbers as csv and import it again – I get the same message. Also tried to export on an pc and exel > same result.

I'm desperate.

Has anyone experienced issues like these and has an idea how to solve?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-31 um 16.46.16.png

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It need to be "," and not ";" 

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem. 
Then I manually added a few contacts to the mailing list in Squarespace, and then I downloaded that ist to my computer.
From there I added the emails I had in my original .csv file to the one I had downloaded from Squarespace.
That new list I could then upload to Squarespace.

Hope it works for you as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I have the same problem and now understand that one needs to use a comma and not a semicolon. But where, exactly, do I use a comma? Since I haven't used any semicolons either...

...and I finally have a solution that works. It seems that the problem persists, if you use Apple Numbers and export them to CSV. The easiest way to go around this is not to use Numbers. Instead I used Google Sheets and it worked beautifully.

Edited by MikkoS
Spelling mistake
  • 1 month later...