Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Customer Accounts

JaydenDelroy

Hello guys,

Can anyone tell me how to delete customer details and accounts? I made a few test orders with random customer information and I would like to remove the details from my site. 

Thanks in advance

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am having the same problem. I have just emailed Squarespace as what happens if a customer asks you to delete their account under GDPR? What are we supposed to say? I also want to delete old customer

It is ridiculous that the management tools for customer accounts are so limited.  Not being able to delete a customer account is outrageous!  I am a thought away from migrating to Shopify.  Squarespac

Yep, that's Squarespace, a lot of great tools to customize and tweak the shit out of your site, and yet, the most basic options are missing. I've spent hours trying to find a way, looks like we don't have any control other the customer accounts at all. I can understand the limitations with the passwords, but THAT - doesn't - make - any - sense. I'll edit this if I ever find a solution.

• 4 months later...

I am having the same problem. I have just emailed Squarespace as what happens if a customer asks you to delete their account under GDPR? What are we supposed to say? I also want to delete old customer accounts as it is confusing for customers! We shall see what Squarespace say.

• 1 month later...

It is ridiculous that the management tools for customer accounts are so limited.  Not being able to delete a customer account is outrageous!  I am a thought away from migrating to Shopify.  Squarespace is the official dilettante platform.  What would they advise if someone had malicious intent and decided to attack your site by creating thousands of fake accounts?!  Who's the brains behind this?

• 3 weeks later...

I got this from their chat. 

Okay, to filter active accounts from unused accounts, you can tag active customers in the Customers panel. To learn more, visit our guide: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/229497568#toc-add-and-manage-tags While we don’t have a built-in way to delete customer data, Site Owners can send requests to delete specific data to privacy@squarespace.com. The Site Owner is usually whoever started the site. You can check the permissions of every account on your site in the Settings > Permissions panel. We have more information in our guide here: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206537297

Send them a few emails, and we will probably get a built-in fix after some time.