Customer Accounts

Yep, that's Squarespace, a lot of great tools to customize and tweak the shit out of your site, and yet, the most basic options are missing. I've spent hours trying to find a way, looks like we don't have any control other the customer accounts at all. I can understand the limitations with the passwords, but THAT - doesn't - make - any - sense. I'll edit this if I ever find a solution.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It is ridiculous that the management tools for customer accounts are so limited.  Not being able to delete a customer account is outrageous!  I am a thought away from migrating to Shopify.  Squarespace is the official dilettante platform.  What would they advise if someone had malicious intent and decided to attack your site by creating thousands of fake accounts?!  Who's the brains behind this?

• 3 weeks later...

I got this from their chat. 

Okay, to filter active accounts from unused accounts, you can tag active customers in the Customers panel. To learn more, visit our guide: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/229497568#toc-add-and-manage-tags While we don’t have a built-in way to delete customer data, Site Owners can send requests to delete specific data to privacy@squarespace.com. The Site Owner is usually whoever started the site. You can check the permissions of every account on your site in the Settings > Permissions panel. We have more information in our guide here: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206537297

Send them a few emails, and we will probably get a built-in fix after some time.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Jo_SQSP said:

It is now possible to delete a Customer Account!

..but even if you delete a customer account, the user's profile remains, along with their order history and contact information. It still isn't possible to delete this.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 10 months later...
16 minutes ago, ucorientation said:

I have a seasonal site and would like to start afresh from order #0 instead of the #631 i am at from 2 years ago.

You can change the automatically-assigned order number, starting with your next order. However, the Next Order Number must be higher than your most recent order's number because there are tax rules in many territories that require order/invoice numbers to be sequential without gaps. For example, you could set it to 001 for the new season be prefixing the year - 2022001.

To edit the number, go to Commerce > Checkout and scroll down to the Next Order Number setting. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 7:10 AM, Jo_SQSP said:

Hey all,

It is now possible to delete a Customer Account! Site owners and contributors with Administrator or Store Manager permissions can can delete an account holder's customer account from their profile in the Profiles panel. You can take a look at further information in our "Customer Accounts" guide.

There is literally no option to delete a customer account from either the Commerce or Profiles tabs. Why is this even listed on your support page if the option does not exist? I am the owner of the site with full permissions and there is no option to do this.