Shipstation NOT syncing with SS commerce?

I have a client whose Shipstation needs to be reset and re-synced manually after every sale, and still every item shows as Pending until manually changed. I have tried to help her, but everything on the back end of both Squarespace and Shipstation seem to be set up properly. Is anyone else having issues with this sync -- I can't seem to find any help from Squarespace on how to get this issue resolved. As far as I understand, the goal is that Shipstation automatically marks as fulfilled and syncs tracking info after the label is printed etc. But that's not the case  .. any help?

Did you or your client get the email from Squarespace mid June titled "Action Needed: Update ShipStation" about a ShipStation Integration Update?

In part it said "On August 1, 2020 our direct ShipStation integration will be discontinued and ShipStation will no longer sync with your Squarespace site."

Sounds like the problem your client is having is related to not updating.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Squarespace updated the ShipStation integration. If you connected your site to ShipStation before March 31, 2020, Squarespace would have stopped sending order data to ShipStation on August 1, 2020, unless you reconnected it. For more information, see Connecting Squarespace to ShipStation.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

One thing I noticed when following Squarespace instructions regarding where to find settings in ShipStation is that they didn't seem to jibe with where they are actually located.

It felt like Squarespace had a document about how to find certain settings from an old interface for ShipStation.

If you run into this issue, persevere to find the ShipStation settings! Unfortunately I didn't take notes so I can't tell you want the difference was. 😞

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 11 months later...

I have two stores that are not automatically importing orders from Squarespace into Shipstation. I have tried re-connecting/reconfiguring Shipstation to Squarespace from both sides (creating a new store channel in Shipstation and connecting the selling channel from Squarespace out to Shipstation), but I am still getting an error. I am attaching an error message I've gotten in Shipstation. It cites the "Authorization token" and says to reconfigure the Squarespace store.

I have reached out to Shipstation for help but they don't see a problem from their end. The issue has been ongoing since earlier 2021.

Is it possible that because I manage multiple Squarespace sites it is causing issues? Not all of the websites have the problem, though... 

Auth token error.png

9 hours ago, AnaDavisDesign said:

Is it possible that because I manage multiple Squarespace sites it is causing issues? Not all of the websites have the problem, though... 

When you say manage multiple sites. Are you trying to connect multiple SS sites to one ShipStation account?

I'm not aware of any specific restriction on that scenario nor do I know if it's allowed. More generally, sometimes,  these types of connections between different services like to be one to one. The recent change in behaviour could be a change on either or both ends. Or it could be a bug on either end.

Edited by creedon

No, I have different clients, each with their own Shipstation accounts and separate SS websites. As an administrator to the SS websites, I can see and select from a number of different websites when I connect to Shipstation, but it's not clear to me that I am connecting to the correct Shipstation account. I *think* that it connects to whatever Shipstation account I am logged into at that moment... So far i have gotten it right when I've connected them, but I don't know how... And, I have had lots of trouble in this regard with social accounts, so that's why I've wondered if maybe this could be an issue?