POST request from other domain

I manage the website and they use Design my Night as their reservation system. The platform allows a custom thank you url page to add to the widget so that the conversions may be tracked.

However, when the booking is made and the page is re-directed, it is tracked but the content of the page does not loads up. It goes blank.

The platform says to ensure this- "The return will be made as a POST request, so please ensure your webserver and application can accept POST requests from the designmynight.com domain, including any subdomains."

Do you think this may be the issue here?

Thanks,

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I am using a custom HTML form to POST some data to the design my night booking system. This all works fine.

When the form is sent we want to then redirect the user back to the squarespace site using:

<script>
  DMN.val('return_url', 'https://www.our-url.co.uk/thank-you');
  DMN.val('return_method', 'post');
</script>

I get the following error:

Uncaught ReferenceError: DMN is not defined
I am told this is because"make sure that your webserver and application can accept POST requests from the designmynight.com domain (including any subdomains)"
How do I go about doing this?

many thanks

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My website uses Design My Night as a their reservation system (embedded as a widget on my squarespace site). The platform allows you to add a re-direct once the booking has been made which i've done on the widget backend. 

However, when the booking is complete squarespace doesn't redirect it. Instead it just goes to a blank page which is confusing our customers. 

The platform says to ensure this- "The return will be made as a POST request, so please ensure your webserver and application can accept POST requests from the designmynight.com domain, including any subdomains."

I've spoken to squarespace directly but they are unable to help. Does anyone have experience on this or is able to point me in the right direction??

Edited by Lola20
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 11:45 AM, Vaibhav10 said:

The platform says to ensure this- "please ensure your webserver and application can accept POST requests"

This isn't something you can do on Squarespace.

Squarespace is a serverless platform so you cannot configure it to receive HTTP requests. If you want to use a third party API like this, you'll need to use a different web platform. 

I appreciate this is not what you wanted to hear, but I hope this saves you lots of time looking for a solution that doesn't exist 🙂

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.