Uploading Lots of Photos

Site URL: http://donnahoffmanphotography.com

Is there an easier method to upload a bunch of photos? I have a photography website and I'm trying to get my photos uploaded but there's no "progress bar" to show if it's actually uploading. Then when it does finish, a majority of the time I can't see the image that I just uploaded until I refresh the page. It's quite annoying because I end up sometime double uploading an image.

This screen shot shows nothing. I literally just dropped an image but there's no progress bar nor the little spinning circle I would normally get. If I wait long enough and then refresh the page, it'll show up.

Any suggestions? This is so annoying and I've got a couple hundred images to upload in different categories. :(

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 4.15.17 pm.png

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forums, and its nice to see another Avenue user. I understand your frustration about uploading images, I have hundreds on my own Avneue sites and one can get dizzy watching spinning circles. I have just learned to drag em up a few at a time and let em spin until I see them show up in the gallery block or page, which can happen before they show in the upload window. I am surprised to read you sometimes don't get the circle. I agree, I wish there was a progress bar, which is there when uploading a custom file . Still SS has a lot of storage, no limit on images,  and takes huge image files so compared to other places I have had sites, this is still the best and I have learned to deal with it. Let us put it this way:

To Engineering we users sure would like a progress bar when uploading images. 

My Random Views

• 3 months later...

I agree, uploading more than one image is a complete pain. There is no indication of progress, and it also seems much slower per image than loading one image, so now I select a few images to upload and then come back in 20mins hoping they've loaded. Seems strange there is no progress bar on the individual images.

Archived