Adding a title to filtered results pages

• Replies 8
  • Views 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, acid__bat said:

Sorry about that! I'm new to all this.

No worries. When you say filtering are you talking about the filter feature on a blog page? As shown in the picture?

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 3.41.30 PM.png

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I think so? So when you click on the author's name, it surfaces a filtered list of all posts by Shells.  774537692_ScreenShot2020-08-26at3_50_12PM.png.a328feb2491a23d06e357a211ac0ab2f.png

My issue is there's no "Posts by Shells" at the top of that page of filtered results. It would be cool if I could get the author profiles to surface on top of all those filtered results pages, like you could in 7.0:

296454069_ScreenShot2020-08-26at3_53_59PM.png.40393e78c68c03af8ec43706107c400f.png

Ah... I see. Yes some of the templates in 7.0 have that feature. Brine for one but others don't.

It appears as if that feature was dropped for 7.1 or hasn't been implemented yet, if planned. It wouldn't hurt to ask SS to add that back into 7.1 or beyond.

21 hours ago, acid__bat said:

Is there any way to add that  back in? 

No SS built-in way unless both of us missed a setting somewhere.

However it may be possible to add a similar behavior back in, in 7.1, with the magic of some Javascript. The code would detect page URLs that end with "?author=[author id here]". If so then go and grab the author name and insert an area above the posts for that author that says Posts by... Not sure about grabbing the profile pic for the author, I'm just riffing here. If you want to pursue that avenue you'd need at least the business plan and someone to create the Javascript.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 5 months later...
On 8/26/2020 at 4:35 PM, acid__bat said:

Site URL: https://spinach-tarantula-nbae.squarespace.com/

When I filter blog posts by author or category in 7.1, there's no visual indication of what page I'm on.

7.0 used to include text indicating what filtered results you're looking at. Something like "Posts by Author X."

Is there any way to add that  back in? 

Hi @acid__bat, have you discovered a solution for this? I'm having the same issue with the category filter. 

• 9 months later...