Remove built-in URL names

Site URL: https://echidna-cello-awfb.squarespace.com

I have linked my domain from another provider to my squarespace site but other than the landing/homepage all the other pages still have the built-in site name? I reached out to squarespace regarding this issue and they told me any custom coding I added to the site is interfering with the URL change? Doesn't seem to make sense to me. Other than my SVG links there isn't much coding to speak of except reduce padding, etc.

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 4
  • Views 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mac360 said:

I have linked my domain from another provider to my squarespace site but other than the landing/homepage all the other pages still have the built-in site name?

What domain name have you connected?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I see that you've added the links in a Code Block to allow you to use SVGs, but you've specified the Squarespace domain name in these links. For example, "https://echidna-cello-awfb.squarespace.com/home" instead of "/home".

If you edit each of the links, it should fix the issues.

If this helps you, please click "Like" below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived