Problem: SqSp7.1 Instructions: Moving "Productltem" Pages from one 'ProductPage' to another as per SqSp instructions not working

According to SqSp 7.1 instructionshttps://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543977-Moving-collection-items-between-pages, one can move 'ProductItems' from one product page to another product page in v7.1 (Screenshot A),  "Before you begin" > First bullet.

STEP 1: When following the "Move collection items" (Screenshot B).

STEP 2: I go to the 'Pages' panel (Screenshot C) and select the page "Glass Items" (highlighted in grey) which opens and shows all of the 'ProductItems' on the product page. (I can't share URL or screenshot of page due to client confidentiality.)

STEP 3: I then PRESS and HOLD and then CLICK on each item I want to select for moving to another product page (Pre-Order Items) as per instructions (Screenshot B).

The problem is this: As I am pressing and holding, and then make my first click on the first item I what to select for the move, the single click sends me directly to the corresponding "ProductItem" page. I never get a chance to select one or more items. never reach STEP 4.

I have spent hours on this. 

I'd appreciate a push in the right direction. I know how to 'press and hold' to make multiple selections.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something? 

Thanks!

A_Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.21.33 AM.png

B_Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.22.17 AM.png

C_Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.23.11 AM.png

• Replies 4
  • Views 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TaitDesign said:

According to SqSp 7.1 instructions, one can move 'ProductItems' from one product page to another product page in v7.1. The problem is this: As I am pressing and holding, and then make my first click on the first item I what to select for the move, the single click sends me directly to the corresponding "ProductItem" page. I never get a chance to select one or more items.

If your site was created prior to this month and has not been upgraded to "Product Collections 2.0", you should be able to move products between Store Pages. This was necessary because of the 200-product limit per page.  I've included a video of this working below.

If your site was created this month it will already have "Product Collections 2.0". You may also have chosen to upgrade it. Once upgraded, it can have up to 10,000 products in a single Store page. The goal of this update is to completely replace the need for more than one Store page on a single website, so in theory it shouldn't be necessary to move products between Store pages.

On these "upgraded" 7.1 sites, there isn't an option to move products between pages. This could be by design, or could be a bug, so I'd recommend checking with Squarespace Customer Support. I'll be interested to hear.

spacer.png 

Squarespace 7.1 Site without Product Collections 2.0

products-listed-in-collections2-0.thumb.png.9624515dc7eb6be78d2aac2072c9736d.png

Squarespace 7.1 Site with Product Collections 2.0

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul. The instructions are for 7.1 which is why I included the link. https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543977-Moving-collection-items-between-pages?_ga=2.28854204.1007002241.1598184185-120441141.1584273421 

The site was created within the month by the client who realized 7.1 isn't really made for beginners. Who can keep track of 10,000 items on one page? 

And yes, the video is how it should work. Select and move. One can't select as stated in Step 3. The click (with 'press/hold') send one to the product page.

I'll see what Customer Service has to say. Thanks. Meanwhile, I'd better get started doing it the hard way.

If created within the month, then they are on the newer version of 7.1 without the "move" feature. I agree that it is very confusing at the moment because Commerce sites can be built on:

• 7.1 with old stores (200 products)
  • 7.1 with new stores (10K products)

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks. Well, it's not the only disappointment I have with 7.1.  

It should have been named '8.0 Beta' as it is nothing like 7.0 and before. Design styles are a nightmare. And…never mind. 

Thanks again. You've confirmed my fear. I have to do duplicate the client work by hand. And, without a fee. 

🙂 

Archived