Is there a file manager in the works?

Go to solution Solved by Parker_SQSP,

• 1 month later...

In my opinion a file manager will come with limited "library" storage like IONOS has. At some point you can't add a file without taking one out.  I moved from there to here and SS is  day to night better. Right now there is a 20mb single file limit and that is it. There is an old saying, get what you want and lose what you have. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I really appreciate Squarespace as a CMS, but the lack of directory file management and the complete uselessness of the file search feature in the link editor will force me to migrate back to the dreadful Wordpress platform. I've given Squarespace a fair amount of time to introduce this feature, or at least a professional tier access. For growing site properties with file management needs it's just too disorganized.

• 1 month later...

Support this. It's very odd how SS doesn't have a basic file management system while the competitors all have it.

@derricksrandomviews I -and probably most other ppl- would prefer have a limited storage space what I can use properly instead of the unlimited storage where I can't find any of my files.

I understand, FYI  there is a simple sort in the image library, newest, oldest and name, if you gave it one, which you can do at anytime by editing the block or gallery where it was added.   If you list the images, it will tell you the date it was uploaded as well. There is not a delete option. There is  information about the image, file name, which can be very simple if you want it to be,  image size, and dimensions along with the date added.   So it seems it should be possible to find an image at least. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I see that this basic feature that has been requested by so many for so long is still missing. I'm definitely concerned about the lack of response to something that I think any developer should understand. For this reason, I'm currently searching for another option.
I like the site builder on SS, but the lack of file access and image management is a serious drawback that I can no longer live without.
SquareSpace, your site builder is amazing so if you ever fix this important this then maybe I'll return. For now, I'm still here only until I can find a decent replacement with file access.

Taking suggestions for alternative hosting. I'm currently eyeing BlueHost

• 4 weeks later...

File manager is still needed.

And it's needed in a way where version 7 users don't need to randomly CANCEL their website and set up a new subscription to version 8 or whatever.

I swear this was part of version 5.

And yes, I've seen the indirect image library, and it's a joke. You can only pull it up when going to upload an image. It's made duplicates upon duplicates. It's laggy and crashes, at least when trying to pull up images that been "filed" since 2013.

Not to be salty, but I concur on switching back to WP. Going through a redesign of a website and I am hating every moment of it in comparison to a much cheaper WP solution.

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

Hi all!

I wanted to share a quick update that you can now select/delete/upload multiple images at the same time from your site's library. I understand the inability to do this was a pain-point so I hope this improvement helps out. 

Here's some more information about removing images from your site's library: 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206542377-Managing-and-reusing-images#toc-delete-images-from-my-library