Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Remove random scrollbar on product page.

Yesterday when I was editing the product page (which is ludicrous in how limited it is btw). Today when I resumed editing a goddamned scroll bar was there all of a sudden, and I can't find a way to remove it. Image attached for clarity.

Is this a bug or is it yet another way for SS to cajole me out of more money for the custom CSS feature?

scrollbar.JPG

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I also noticed this ugly little bar appear and it's only on Chrome for me. I contacted Squarespace but they didn't have fix, saying they couldn't replicate it on their end and it must be a browser problem, so I asked about custom code and was referred to the forum...

On 9/4/2020 at 5:44 AM, jdgcreates said:

I also noticed this ugly little bar appear and it's only on Chrome for me. I contacted Squarespace but they didn't have fix, saying they couldn't replicate it on their end and it must be a browser problem, so I asked about custom code and was referred to the forum...

Can you share link to product page? We can check custom code easier.

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

13 hours ago, Solletix said:

did anyone have any luck on getting this bar removed? i noticed it happens regardless if the variant thumbnails are to the left or below the main product image

If you share link to product page, we can give the solution

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

On 9/14/2020 at 11:09 PM, Solletix said:

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

.ProductItem-gallery-thumbnails {
    overflow: hidden;
}

On 9/15/2020 at 1:36 AM, gandc said:

Would love a fix for this is as well! Also how to make thumbnail images in product detail image gallery larger??

Have you solved it yet?

On 9/19/2020 at 10:34 AM, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

overflow: hidden;
}

Have you solved it yet?

unfortunately that didn't remove the scroll bar. i'm open to just removing those variant thumbnails in general as long as it doesn't effect other functionality. I tried the below in Design > Custom CSS and it did not work.

display: none;
}

Edited by Solletix
On 9/21/2020 at 4:53 AM, Solletix said:

unfortunately that didn't remove the scroll bar. i'm open to just removing those variant thumbnails in general as long as it doesn't effect other functionality. I tried the below in Design > Custom CSS and it did not work.

display: none;
}

I don't see scrollbar here. Do you stilll need help on this?

I'm not seeing scroll bars in unexpected places. I'm on macOS using Chrome. Please post a image of the https://solletix.com/store/womens-raceback page with these scroll bars.

Edited by creedon

Hello I'm Thomas. I've been getting websites up and running for 26 years. I want to help you at whatever level meets your needs, from as little (if you're a DIYer) to as much as you need.