Changing text color when hovering over links in 7.1

Site URL: http://ghostrightdesign.com

I have designed multiple sites on previous versions of Squarespace and was super disappointed to find out that 7.1 no longer supports changing the color of a link when hovering over in the navigation menu or in the main content of a page.

This seems like such a basic function that has been available on practically every site I've ever designed or visited.

Does anyone know an easy fix for this? I'm not super code savvy.

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
On 8/23/2020 at 4:22 PM, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Design > custom CSS

/* Page content link color */
#page a:hover {
    background-image: linear-gradient(to right,currentColor 100%,currentColor 0) !important;
    color: red;
}

Used this code for the same purpose mentioned above! Thanks a lot! However, the change affects the buttons too. Additionally, it affects the "back to top" as well. Looking for a way to fix this Highly appreciate your help! Thanks a ton! 

My site id : aishwaryabalasankar.com 

Screenshot (393).png

Screenshot (394).png

Screenshot (396).png

Screenshot (397).png

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2020 at 2:15 PM, Aishwarya said:

Used this code for the same purpose mentioned above! Thanks a lot! However, the change affects the buttons too. Additionally, it affects the "back to top" as well. Looking for a way to fix this Highly appreciate your help! Thanks a ton! 

My site id : aishwaryabalasankar.com 

Screenshot (393).png

Screenshot (394).png

Screenshot (396).png

Screenshot (397).png

@tuanphan I have the same problem. Would appreciate with some help, thanks in advance!!

@newbieneedshelp

Please post the URL to a page on your site where you want to achieve this effect.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived