Send out specific Zoom meeting code with purchase?

Hi!

i'm helping a friend with her website, she is a yoga teacher. She has multiple class options (eg Monday class, Tuesday class etc). She wants the customer to be automatically sent the correct zoom for the day of the week they purchase (but not have access to other day's codes) 

I've looked into digital downloads but this isn't suitable for various reasons. 

Thank you!

On 8/21/2020 at 4:34 PM, girlandbird said:

She has multiple class options (eg Monday class, Tuesday class etc). She wants the customer to be automatically sent the correct zoom for the day of the week they purchase

Are you using Squarespace Scheduling for these classes? This feature allows you to set up a "class" with specific dates and times (for example recurring Mondays). You can then customise the 'Appointment Scheduled' email for each one to provide the necessary details for that class. 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...

Paul, say a business owner wanted a unique Zoom link for every class (e.g. Monday's class on 9/21 has a different link than Monday's class on 9/28). Can Squarespace scheduler automatically populate the "Appointment Scheduled" emails with a new link each time, or does the business owner need to manually create a link for each class and insert it into that week's email?

Edited by Brodey240

When clients book appointments, Scheduling will automatically create new meetings in Zoom. When appointments are rescheduled or cancelled, Scheduling will update your existing meetings in Zoom. A link to the meeting is automatically included in the location field in emails to customers. You must have a non-Free Zoom account. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Yes, if each group class is a separate event that is purchased individually, they’ll be a code for each date. Is that what you mean?

Yes, I think we're on the same page. Basically I just want to make sure that:

1. Zoom creates and sends the same meeting link to all registrants of a single class on a particular date (rather than sending a different link to each registrant).

2. Zoom creates a new link for the next week's class.

Is that right?

Yes, if set up correctly, this is exactly what happens 🙂.

Of course, it’s very configurable, so there are numerous ways to set it up. If it doesn’t work first time, I recommend you get in touch with the Acuity Scheduling team as their support is fantastic. You can contact them here: https://help.acuityscheduling.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Edited by paul2009

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a question on this topic. If the customer buys a subscription, do they still have to manually book each class that they want to go to? And does each class within the subscription package have its own Zoom link? My client currently changes her Zoom links every week but we want to avoid this going forward by using Scheduling and also avoid someone who cancels their subscription from being able to log in anyway because they have her Zoom link from a previous class. Am I making sense?

Lucy O'Reilly
Designs For Growth Ltd
www.designsforgrowth.ie