Existing Domain / Hosting

Hi team,

I already have a domain registered and hosted through DreamIT in Australia because I also have a sub-domain on WordPress.  I am looking to have my main website on SquareSpace.  I am confused by if I have to transfer my domain or if I can keep my existing contract with DreamIT and just put my website on SquareSpace.  Would really appreciate if someone could 'dumb this down' for me. 

Thank you
KC

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey @KCinMelbourne, 

You can definitely keep your domain with your current provider and connect it to Squarespace from there. You'll just need to adjust your domain DNS settings (this requires that your domain provider provides you with full access to them) to have the domain pointing to Squarespace. Squarespace has a great general guide on connecting a third party domain to your site here:

Connecting a domain to your Squarespace site

For any further assistance with this, I'd recommend contacting Squarespace Customer Support, who will be more than happy to offer personalized assistance at anytime. 

Archived