Duplicate Site - Extend Trial Indefinite

Hi guys, 

Is there any way to duplicate a site, and then have the trial NOT expire? I would like to have live copies, that I can show to new potential clients. 

There are many times when former clients edit my original work to a point that I would rather not show it. 

At present the only duplicate we have, expires, and all images get turned off...effectively ruining the site.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I support this topic. I think Squarespace should allow at least 1 Duplicate of the main website that doesn't expire just in case something happens.  It's so tedious to save xml, save all pages manually locally, and save the css files separately. Then we would need to save or screenshot any of the styles settings because we can't seem to undo them if someone accidentally changes something... we have so many pages in  the website and spent many many hours just to complete... and would hate to accidentally lose the main website and start over the tedious process of recreating everything.   

• 5 months later...

Chat started on 13 Apr 2022, 08:09 PM (GMT+0)

(08:09:00)

*** Greg Owens joined the chat ***

(08:09:00)

Greg Owens
I'm a new Circle member working on several websites for a customer. The customer has several websites that are moving over to SquareSpace over time. These are going to be large sites and the 2 week free trial is not going to be enough to touch even a small portion of what content that exist.
QUESTIONS:
Do I request the extension beyond the standard 14 day trial or does the owner? The owner is Natalie (Last Name Redacted for privacy) and has a squarespace account. I m an administrator on her existing accounts.
What's the best way to take advantage of extending the 14 day trial to push it out "up to six months" What are the pros and cons. I have 4 more websites to build on Square Space for this customer. I am happy to provide the current domain names if you need this. All of them are moving to SquareSpace as soon as I can get them built.

QUESTION 2:
Do I or the customer pick a theme/layout, then contact you for the extension of time before having to pay for it since these coming websites I am recreating are massive in size.

Thank you for your reply a head of time.

Greg Owens
New Member as of April 2022.

(08:09:04)

Customer Support
Thank you for contacting Squarespace. A member of the Customer Support team will be with you as soon as possible.

(08:09:07)

Customer Support
After your chat, we’ll send a brief survey via email. Your feedback helps us to improve our customer service.

(08:09:11)

Customer Support
Thank you for your patience, and we'll get started with your chat as quickly as we can.

(08:10:02)

Customer Support
All of our Advisors are currently helping other customers. While you wait, reply with the URL of the site you have questions about.

(08:14:02)

Customer Support
We apologize for the delay. We're still helping other customers, but an Advisor will chat with you as soon as they're available. If you'd prefer not to wait, you can send us an email here: http://sqsp.link/zhkbFc

(08:15:12)

*** Raven M. joined the chat ***

(08:16:01)

*** Raven M. left the chat ***

(08:16:01)

*** Greg Owens left the chat ***

17 hours ago, Greg2022 said:

Do I request the extension beyond the standard 14 day trial or does the owner? I'm an administrator.
What's the best way to take advantage of extending the 14 day trial to push it out "up to six months"

If you are a Squarespace Circle member and are using the same email address to logon to the Circle as you do to logon to Squarespace websites (as an Administrator), the site should automatically renew for six months each time you click renew.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you @paul2009

It's great to be able to renew indefinitely, but at that point, why not make trials unlimited (at least for circle members)? I have this case where I'm helping a student in architecture build a portfolio during his 3-years formation. He wanted to go with the main competitor because he could keep his website trial active during these three years. I have no doubt he will need a pro website when he graduates, and at that point I have no doubt he will simply activate a paying account on whichever site he has built beforehand.

• 4 months later...
On 4/14/2022 at 10:17 AM, paul2009 said:

If you are a Squarespace Circle member and are using the same email address to logon to the Circle as you do to logon to Squarespace websites (as an Administrator), the site should automatically renew for six months each time you click renew.

Im probably being dumb but where is it that I click "renew"? 

7 hours ago, NMD75 said:

where is it that I click "renew"?

You can extend an expired trial by adding this to the end of the URL:

/config/extendtrial/

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 5 weeks later...