Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Full Bleed Video

Looking to create full bleed video on a site that does not autoplay.

Willing to go the banner route, but how can I disable autoplay?

Willing to go the video block route, but how can I make the thumbnail/video full bleed?

Currently in 7.1 but early in the build and it's a simple site so willing to adopt a 7.0 template if I have to.

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its a youtube video disable it from autoplaying in the video settings. Squarespace just embeds it has no control over the video itself. Disable auto play before you get your embed code. 

There are two ways to turn off autoplay:
  1. Switch the AUTOPLAY button off in the top right corner (above the Up next videos) so that it changes from blue to gray.
  2. Select the gear icon at the bottom of the video player to access its settings and then switch the Autoplay setting to off so that it changes from red to gray
  3. If its a vimeo video this is what you do. 
Edited by derricksrandomviews

Thanks but that doesn't accomplish what I'm looking for. I think that prevents YouTube from playing the next video. I'm looking to have the video appear full bleed, but not start until a visitor clicks play.

Link to your page, please.

Free Squarespace 7.1 Anchor Link and Accordion Plugins available here!

If I replied to one of your questions with code, it was either CSS or jQuery.

To add CSS, go to Design -> Custom CSS

jQuery needs some additional steps. Head here: https://code.jquery.com/ and click on minified, under jQuery 3.x and copy that code into Squarespace.

After you put that code into the code injection section in Squarespace, you can add the code I supplied. The code from me will need <script> added before it and </script> added after it (only for jQuery).

There are two places that you can add the code, one is site wide (adds to all pages). Settings -> Advanced -> Code Injection

The other is for a specific page (adds to one page only). Pages -> Gear Icon next to the page -> Advanced

The vimeo video I posted does have the solution to keep a video from starting until the viewer hits play. The YouTube auto play off is just as you said stops a second video from auto playing after the first. If you add rel=0 at the end of the you tuble url embed code and leave auto play enabled, you tube will only play your videos from your channel.