Send copy of submitted 'contact form' to author?

Site URL: http://www.jspworks.com/booking

Hello, I've tried searching, but cannot seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

I have an 'order form' setup on my site for clients. I would love to know if there is code that I can place somewhere that will automatically send the client a copy of their form submission. Currently, the only way for them to know (or remember) if they've placed an order is if I manually reply via email to the form entry in my inbox at which point they could view the "quoted text (the content of the completed contact form).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't something that you can do within Squarespace.

A workaround is to send the form submission to a Google Sheet and then use Zapier to send an email to the person who submitted it.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I have just spent the day setting up our booking forms on Squarespace and just realised that it's pointless without the option for the client to send a copy to themself!!

Am now thinking about using Google Forms which gives the client an option to do this - not ideal at all but better than filling out a word doc which is what they've been doing to date.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey guys, Michaela from Integromat here 🙂 

I posted a reply to something very similar literally a few minutes ago. Absolutely not trying to be spammy here. I just saw this question, thought 'hey, that sounds familiar!' and decided to step in for a bit 😁

Sooo, if this is something you're still looking to do, it's totallly possible with Integromat. It's an automation platform that lets you connect Squarespace to almost any other online service and streamline your processes without writing any code. 

A while ago, we've actually put together a video tutorial on sending a copy of the completed form to the person who has submitted it so I thought I might as well share it with you guys ☺️