Making blog entry's un-clickable?

Site URL: https://shark-clementine-5jph.squarespace.com/blog-2

Hello,

Is there a way to make blog posts that do not redirect anywhere when clicked? 

And a second part to my question, is how can I put a border around blog images? I got it working by testing it on the header/footer but I can't figure out how to do it on the blog images. 

footer#footer-sections {
    border-top: 1px solid #e1e1e1;
}

Site password: mz

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, RyanDejaegher said:

Hey @Marzon are you wanting to prevent the click behaviour on the image of the blog post?

Yes, as well as the click behavior on the title. 

Perhaps there is another section/page that would do this without using the blog page. But the blog page allows for spacing adjusting that I couldn't find on other pages.

2 minutes ago, RyanDejaegher said:

@Marzon I'm confused, if you removed the click behaviour on the image and on the title how would people navigate to the blog entry?

My goal is to have a page with images and descriptions. The reason I was using the blog page was because I'm able to easily adjust the spacing between images, titles, description. 

My other option was to use a blank page with images and descriptions. However, that option I would not be able to precisely adjust the spacing. 

Perhaps there is another page/section that is more what I'm looking for?

On 8/14/2020 at 10:34 AM, RyanDejaegher said:

@Marzon have you tried using the Spacer blocks to create your layout?

I have, but they don't offer precise adjustments for spacing. It's either a little space or a lot of space.

I mean, if it's not possible I can settle with just images and descriptions. That's okay. 

Here are two images. In the "normal example (second image)" I'm just using image and text blocks. And in the "Blog example (first image) " I'm using the blog template. 

What I like about the blog page is that I can have more customization with white space etc. But I don't actually need much of the blog functionality. 

Hope the images help. And thank you for your help so far!

EDIT: removed images for privacy

@Marzon it looks there's an issue of with the text size in the image/text example. You should be able to adjust that by changing the text type (h2 or h3)

You could disable the click functionality on the blog layout but I'd also recommend changing the page name. It would feel odd to navigate to a blog page where you can't actually navigate to any of the links. Another thing to consider is that your blog posts would be visible in search engines. 

Philadelphia, PA

👉 Squarespace Tutorials 

Chat/Message on FB Messenger for quickest responsehttps://m.me/dejaegherryan

1 minute ago, RyanDejaegher said:

@Marzon it looks there's an issue of with the text size in the image/text example. You should be able to adjust that by changing the text type (h2 or h3)

You could disable the click functionality on the blog layout but I'd also recommend changing the page name. It would feel odd to navigate to a blog page where you can't actually navigate to any of the links. Another thing to consider is that your blog posts would be visible in search engines. 

Thanks,

Yeah the site link I posted was just a site I was using for testing things, not the official one. 

Another thing to consider is that your blog posts would be visible in search engines. 

Hmm. Good to know.

I tried coding some of these changes (Changing title to  h2/h3, adding a border to the images, making it unclickable). But with the blog page I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. 

On 8/15/2020 at 8:59 AM, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

article.blog-basic-grid--container.entry.blog-item.is-loaded {
    pointer-events: none;
}

Thanks!

This actually prevented clicking in the text field which I wanted, but I found a solution. 

Here is my solution for others who would like to refer to this:

article.blog-basic-grid--container.entry.blog-item.is-loaded a.image-wrapper {
    border: 1px solid grey;
}

article.blog-basic-grid--container.entry.blog-item.is-loaded h1.blog-title {
}

• 6 months later...

Do you know how can I make the thumbnail and title no-clickeable? But no the excerpt?

I just want clickable the part that says "leer más". The rest need to be unclickeable.

833189329_ScreenShot2021-02-16at21_31_29.png.edc8f180ec7b823173cd3b54cd42e288.png

On 2/17/2021 at 3:32 AM, Danielacapa said:

Do you know how can I make the thumbnail and title no-clickeable? But no the excerpt?

I just want clickable the part that says "leer más". The rest need to be unclickeable.

833189329_ScreenShot2021-02-16at21_31_29.png.edc8f180ec7b823173cd3b54cd42e288.png

Can you share link to blog? We can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived