Only one style for ALL blogs?

I had a bit of a shocking realization today - I tried building a second blog collection as an alternative to the store (which I find cumbersome to use.)

The design settings I put in place for this new test blog were applied to my existing blog! Is it true that even if I make multiple collection items, there can only be a single style applied to ALL the collections of that type? Am I missing something on how to get around this (frankly insane) limitation? 

Edit: on 7.1

• Replies 3
  • Views 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@derricksrandomviews Giving up the 'product detail' page may be a no go with the rest of the team, but yea that sounds like the plan I'll advocate at least for now. I've been playing with it a bit, and might be able to get away with page header injections in each blog to style them differently (like have the default design include categories, and just display:none; in one of the blogs.) But what a pain...

Was this a thing in 7.0, where theres only one style applied to all collections of that type?

Yes, I use this on my 7.0 site where I have only one blog, but I use the summary blocks to split posts off  so I can make two blog pages, that do  look alike. 

my random views derrick Lee parker 

You can see how I am doing it by looking at "stories' and at  "photography lessons". The only time one sees my actual blog page is if the viewer uses search or archive. 

Archived