Title over background video - custom code fix

Site URL: https://www.richtr.io/

Hi, 

I had a title hovering over the video in a banner box on my homepage and somehow it disappeared, not sure how. 

It was originally placed there by an agency that custom coded a lot of the site. Now the title is gone and has been replaced with the Company name and will only render as transparent. The banner box is still visible when trying to edit although I cant see anything in the box. I checked the code and its set to display as white text. there must be another issue with the code but I cant figure it out.

Can anyone help?

• Replies 1
  • Views 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey @JamesGraham303,

Looks like there's a missing </script> tag in your custom code.

From the main Squarespace editor, navigate to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection. Scroll down to the Footer Injection, and find a bit of code that looks like this:

window.onload = showHeroText();

<!-- Start of HubSpot Embed Code -->

You'll want to edit it to look like this:

window.onload = showHeroText();
</script>

<!-- Start of HubSpot Embed Code -->

This closes out the script that makes the banner text work before moving on to start the HubSpot script.

Hope this helps!
-Tyler

The above post may be outdated. I’m no longer active in the Squarespace ecosystem, so I won’t see your direct messages. For better resources about web accessibility, I’ve documented some of my thoughts on my forum profile.

Archived