Adding caption underneath Card Layout image

I'd like to add a photo credit line underneath the image I'm using in a card image block - is this possible? It seems like it's not, but I'm imagining there's a CSS or HTML hack that would make this possible. I'm using the Bedford template.

• 5 months later...
On 1/27/2021 at 8:52 AM, KellenMcG said:

Hi, just wondering if there is a solution here. Thanks in advance. 

cc @tuanphan

Hi. Sorry for the delay. Do you still need help on this? If yes, can you share link to page where you use card image?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 2/5/2021 at 3:20 AM, KellenMcG said:

@tuanphan I'd really appreciate your help here asap if possible. I'm stuck! 

Thanks in advance. 

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* Image caption */
body.homepage .design-layout-card .image-inset:after {
    content: "Photo by tuan";
    font-size: 16px;
}
body.homepage .design-layout-card .image-overlay {
    background: transparent;
}

Or send to forum message

On 2/6/2021 at 4:10 PM, tuanphan said:

/* Image caption */ body.homepage .design-layout-card .image-inset:after { content: "Photo by tuan"; font-size: 16px; } body.homepage .design-layout-card .image-overlay { background: transparent; }

Hey @tuanphanthanks for the reply, but I want to be able to add different captions to ALL card images which appear in many different pages/places throughout the site (homepage, portfolio pages). This code only applies to the one image, and we definitely don't want to have to add code for every single image - there are dozens. Is this possible? 

Hi. Sorry. I'm overloaded. This is a quite complex so I can't check it right now

You can also post this question on some FB groups

+ Squarespace Customization Resource Groups
+ Squarespace Community
+ Squarespace Entrepreneur
+ Squarespace Rockstars

Or send to forum message

@KellenMcG

Please see Image Block Image Caption Second Add.

You will need to edit each image block IMAGE ALT TEXT to get the caption to read the way you want.

1227930947_ScreenShot2022-09-24at8_44_10PM.png.9954195a663d6b554b946f49e6486641.png

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Hi @creedon thanks so much for the response, and apologies for my delay here! I turned off notifications for some reason. 

It works, but can you please let me know how to add the CSS now? Or where? I'd like this to match the other image captions throughout the site which = Futura-pt, 1.1 rem/17.6px, italic. Thanks again! 

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, spenn421 said:

I was wondering if you could let me know how to make this work for 7.0 site with an image overlap?

I don't know for sure it can be done but I can take a look.

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 9/23/2022 at 6:16 AM, spenn421 said:

I was wondering if you could let me know how to make this work for 7.0 site with an image overlap?

I have updated my February 21, 2021.

Let us know how it goes.

• 2 months later...

Hi @creedon Im having trouble with this. Can you help? I'm working on 7.0 Brine - and following the page specific instructions for a Card Image Block. Added the line of code to the site header and the longer code to the page specific header. Then in the Alt Text I've added "Secondary Caption Test" etc to be the additional caption but this doesn't seem to show up at all. Any help appreciated! Thanks, Laura

https://blenny-begonia-wg6x.squarespace.com/config/pages

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 1.56.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 1.57.02 PM.png

2 hours ago, LauraBennettDesign024 said:

Im having trouble with this. Can you help?

Your site is Private.

822144937_ScreenShot2022-12-06at4_05_25PM.png.1800f315dfac2173c2b230795a14e3bd.png

Please set up a site-wide password.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.