Site Appearance in Search and SEO Settings

Site URL: https://www.daveandco.co.uk/

I've been configuring my site for SEO and how it appears in Google Search.  However, the changes I make in Squarespace don't seem to affect the actual search.  Everything looks good in the Squarespace previews and as I want it, the reality, however, is very different.  How do I get the changes made in Squarespace to carry through to Google?

Below I've included the current appearance in Google Search Results.  Then the associated settings in Squarespace.

COVER PAGE BRANDING AND TEXT.JPG

COVER PAGE SETTINGS GENERAL.JPG

COVER PAGE SETTINGS SEO.JPG

GOOGLE RESULT.JPG

WEBSITE SEO SETTINGS.JPG

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dj_buckley said:

I've been configuring my site for SEO and how it appears in Google Search.  However, the changes I make in Squarespace don't seem to affect the actual search.

Have you requested that Google re-index your site after making the changes?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul

Thanks for getting back to me, without sounding like an absolute novice, I'm not sure how to go about it.  The site is Verified through HTML, Sitemap and DNS if that helps?  Does it make a difference that it's literally just a single cover page?

I've tried the URL inspection page too but cant seem to type in anything that works.  I constantly get "URL Not in Property".

If I type site:daveandco.co.uk I get something different again (see attached).

SITE.JPG

59 minutes ago, dj_buckley said:

Without sounding like an absolute novice, I'm not sure how to go about it. 

Whilst logged on to the Google Search Console dashboard, select your site from the property menu in the top left corner.

Click Sitemaps.

Under Add a new sitemap, type sitemap.xml

Click Submit to request Google index your site.

It may take a few hours (upto a day) for the changes to take effect.

Bear in mind that cover pages are designed to contain very little textual information and therefore unlikely to increase discoverability of your brand or site. For more information, see the SEO checklist for new sites.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived