Google Tag Manager Tracking w/ embedded iFrame

Hi all,

I'm working with a client, trying to track Google Ad conversions through Google Tag Manager (GTM) on a form (donation form) which is in an iFrame. The form is set up though provided embed code. GTM is set up and working on the site itself.

No matter what I try, I can't get GTM to recognize anything in the form. I've tried adding the GTM code into the code block in various places (before the iFrame code, after, etc.). I've tried getting GTM to look for specific text or changes in the form (once the donation is complete), but I don't think that GTM is recognizing the form at all.

On the backend, where the form is created, there's no option to add GTM or any tracking code.

Hoping someone has some suggestions. Thanks in advance!!

• Replies 5
  • Views 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

What I've learned is that with an iFrame, you need to have your tracking code installed on the site (or form) where the iFrame is pulling from. The only way to track conversions if you have a conversion happening on an iFrame is to have a confirmation page.

However, you may lose data because the conversion happens somewhere else (in the iFrame), so it's best to be able to have your tracking code in the iFrame as well. You cannot do this through Squarespace.