Remove Blog Thumbnail Image from Banner Bedford Template

Site URL: https://www.ashlane.com.au/

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to get my blog thumbnail image out of the header of the individual blog page. The title also is in the banner and you can see overlaps some words as well.

I have searched for the past hour and I'm having no luck at all.

The image of what I am seeing is attached.

Apologies in advance if this is obvious, I have just started playing with blogs today.

I'm on version 7.0 and this is the Bedford Template if that helps.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 8.13.42 pm.png

This is a tough one. Bedford is one of the few if not the only SS template that automatically creates a banner with thumbnail (a big thumbnail) image in the header  automatically. Other templates, including 7.1, that requires an extra step or two to accomplish.  I read this on the Bedford demo site:

https://bedford-demo.squarespace.com/read-me-bedford  which mentions to not have an image don't upload one, but something is missing to me in those instructions. 

and I have this code that removes the banner completely. 

article header {
   display: none;
}

I use Avenue and I like Bedford. If the time comes to change templates, I will have to look closely at Bedford. You have a very good looking site by the way. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/3/2021 at 8:04 PM, jasper13 said:

Hi everyone, I had the same problem so have removed the thumbnails which has worked. But now there are no images showing in the summary block on the Home page. Am I missing something? Thank you, Jayne 

Can you share link to homepage? We can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 months later...
On 3/6/2021 at 12:17 PM, JayneAC said:

Hi tuanphan, I seem to have fixed it, yay, so thank you for replying. Love this forum for problem solving - thank you 🙂 

Hi Jayne! Could you tell us how you were able to fix the issue? I recently switched to Bedford, and I'm running into the same problem. 

6 hours ago, ahv2021 said:

Hi Jayne! Could you tell us how you were able to fix the issue? I recently switched to Bedford, and I'm running into the same problem. 

Hi. If you share link to your site, we can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I had this problem and the workaround I found is:

1. Delete the thumbnail, then Bedford will not show a banner.

2. Insert the image you want to use in the summary block as part of your blog post. Bedford will automatically pull this image as a thumbnail for the summary block if there is no thumbnail set.

I hope that helps someone.

• 1 year later...