Linking add to cart to an external URL

2 hours ago, gripvegas said:

Ok I have changed the order.  still no love.

I need to update my code. Please give me some time to update the code. Bump this thread in several days if I don't post back.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I need to update my code

Done. To update just replace the store product detail add to cart button change to url redirect code. You do not need to redo the twcsl code.

Let us know how it goes.

@gripvegas

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

11 minutes ago, gripvegas said:

I take it back worked for 3 or 4 redirects and now no dice???????

I tried over a dozen clicks and each one redirected. I tried multiple products, ones with variants, using the back button and clicking the same ones again.

So without some kind of repeatable steps to produce the issue I am unable to help.

Ok. The products on the home page are working, they are direct  button links, if you go to the shop grips tab and then the first product in the list (and ever other product I tried)  is not working just adding to the cart. I have tried different computers and my i phone and they are not working for me.

2 hours ago, gripvegas said:

Best I can tell after testing more it is working correctly when run from admin or confg  but not on the live site.

I don't have access to your editor so what I see is what site visitors see.

As a test please turn off Ajax loading. Does the issue go away?

22 hours ago, gripvegas said:

Yes the issue did go away after turning it off.

Another test. Turn Ajax on. Bring up a private browsing window. Go to product in our last vids. Does it work there?

It looks like is working every time with Ajax tuned on now.

Is there any way to when the old add to cart button is clicked that it still adds the product to the cart?  I just realized that I don't have a way to add products to cart and have customers pay for their products.

On 7/14/2022 at 11:14 AM, gripvegas said:

Is there any way to when the old add to cart button is clicked that it still adds the product to the cart?  I just realized that I don't have a way to add products to cart and have customers pay for their products.

The code you installed won't do this but I have some other code that might fit the bill. Please see the following.

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, sam37 said:

I was trying to use the code provided to turn the "purchase" button into an external link and it didn't work. Could you help?

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

@creedon Amazing - Here goes. 

My client is working with a skincare vendor that requires product purchases be made on their company site.

https://raccoon-platinum-z7js.squarespace.com/ --- pw 44

Each "purchase" button for the skinbetter products will go to the same URL.

This URL: https://skinbetter.pro/apogeemedicalaesthetics

Other items in her shop will be traditional "add to cart" purchase flow

Example of purchase flow on another site (Shopify) that works with the same vendor

Thank you!

7 hours ago, sam37 said:

My client is working with a skincare vendor that requires product purchases be made on their company site.

Your site is private. Please see my previous post on how to set up a site-wide password.

15 minutes ago, sam37 said:

I provided the pw in my previous post. 

The password is not the problem.

Your site is set to private.

478734385_ScreenShot2022-11-22at1_23_57PM.png.1fa2142bf6183e09e6d564dfca408bd7.png

Please set up the site-wide password as requested.

1064800801_ScreenShot2022-11-22at1_26_18PM.png.7ae5dcd64f893e79a818d9a7e4e14771.png

On 11/21/2022 at 7:19 AM, sam37 said:

I was trying to use the code provided to turn the "purchase" button into an external link and it didn't work. Could you help?

I'm not seeing the code installed. It is hard to help if I can't see the code in action.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 11:48 AM, tuanphan said:

Hi. Yes. This is Possible.

here is a demo.

Pass: abc

Hello @tuanphan. I have a website which has a store. But the digital product I'm selling is hosted on my kartra website. I'm trying to make the checkout or "add to cart" button to link to an external website (kartra website). I hope you'll be able to help me with this.

Here's my website : smilebizllc.com