Does anyone know of a good availability calendar/rental booking system?

On 8/10/2020 at 2:12 PM, thecolescampers said:

Does anyone know of a good availability calendar and booking system that would work well to rent campervans?

Hi Angharad

Are there any special requirements for booking a campervan that differ from booking accomodation? 

My preferred booking solution for accommodation is Lodgify. Here's a Squarespace site, with the Lodgify widget in the banner:

sqs-lodgify.thumb.png.1228699c0f1a4bfa4e7fb1c52dfd8312.png

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Yes! It intelligently shows the available dates. For example:

lodgify-example-booking-calendar.thumb.png.293ca42869375db6156960f6bd1476ed.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for reactivating this thread but I'm pretty new to the Circle and am trying to wrap my head around an embedded Lodgify calendar on a Squarespace page, did you manage to do this Anghared? 

I'm trying to display a Lodgify calendar on a page but can't seem to find the answer from Squarespace of Lodgify. Lodgify sent me an example of the following Squarespace website and it has an embedded calendar, how do I make this happen, any ideas?? Thanks! https://www.moorlandviewcottage.co.uk/prices-availability

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, amritanan said:

I would like to do the same - embed a Lodgify calendar on Squarespace

It's usually pretty straightforward to add a Lodgify calendar to Squarespace. Lodgify provide the embed code for your account, and you should be able to add this to Squarespace using a Code Block.

Can you explain what you've tried and why it hasn't worked? A link to the site/page where you've tried this will also help. If the site isn't live yet, please set a public password and tell us what it is.

18 hours ago, paul2009 said:

It's usually pretty straightforward to add a Lodgify calendar to Squarespace. Lodgify provide the embed code for your account, and you should be able to add this to Squarespace using a Code Block.

Can you explain what you've tried and why it hasn't worked? A link to the site/page where you've tried this will also help. If the site isn't live yet, please set a public password and tell us what it is.

Hi, I could only see the code for the Search Box embed on Lodgify? Do they provide a calendar widget too? The website is https://www.foxxfarm.com/

While I have you here, can I trouble you with a question on using a subdomain for the checkout instead of having the checkout on Lodgify? I've connected a book.foxxfarm.com, and that is up and working, but the checkout still goes to lodgify...I've reached out to their team for help, but if you have any inputs, it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for reactivating this thread but I'm quite new to the Circle and am trying to wrap my head around an embedded Logify calendar on a Squarespace web page, did you manage to try this Angharad?

Edited by qaser34
On 4/28/2021 at 3:52 PM, amritanan said:

I've connected a book.foxxfarm.com, and that is up and working, but the checkout still goes to lodgify...I've reached out to their team for help, but if you have any inputs, it would be greatly appreciated!!

It's very difficult to provide you with help for this issue via the forum. I recommend you follow-up with Lodgify's Support Department. They provide 1:1 support for anyone on a paid subscription.

2 hours ago, qaser34 said:

[I'm] trying to wrap my head around an embedded Logify calendar on a Squarespace web page, did you manage to try this?

Can you explain how far you have progressed and what you are having difficulties with? It will help us if you include a link to the page on your site. If the site isn't live, you'll also want to set a password in the visibility settings and share it with us. 

On 4/28/2021 at 4:06 AM, amritanan said:

@HollyM Hi, Were you able to figure this out? I would like to do the same - embed a Lodgify calendar on Squarespace - for a client. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

@amritanan Hi, yes I did figure it out (see image below). Lodgify don't make it easy to find the answer to this but you need to add an iframe to a code block. I had to contact the Lodgify help for the correct code so I'd suggest you try the same. At least it is doable and actually straight forward, just be careful with the iframe size on mobile, it can be a bit tricky! Good luck.

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 15.46.35.png

On 5/13/2021 at 2:20 AM, HollyM said:

@amritanan Hi, yes I did figure it out (see image below). Lodgify don't make it easy to find the answer to this but you need to add an iframe to a code block. I had to contact the Lodgify help for the correct code so I'd suggest you try the same. At least it is doable and actually straight forward, just be careful with the iframe size on mobile, it can be a bit tricky! Good luck.

Thanks so much! I will give it a try!