Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
ckivland

Removing Navigation Underline and/or Making Portfolio Page Redirect

Question

Site URL: https://www.chelseykivland.net/

Hello all,

Two quick questions. I am currently trying to work out a solution to a problem where I cannot link project pages under the portfolio (ex. /home/about) within my navigation.

If I stick /home/about or /home/author, etc. in the navigation, the underline that denotes the current page you are on will remain under Home because the pages are all technically under home. 

Is there way a to get rid of the underline completely through custom code?

If not, I am not opposed to creating regular pages (ex. creating an /about page instead of a /home/about page). However, I still want to keep the home page layout, which is only possible with those pages as project pages. In that case, is there a way to have /home/about instantly redirect to a duplicate /about/ page?

Thank you all! 

2 answers to this question

.header-nav a {
    background: none !important;
}

Free Squarespace 7.1 Anchor Link and Accordion Plugins available here!

If I replied to one of your questions with code, it was either CSS or jQuery.

To add CSS, go to Design -> Custom CSS

jQuery needs some additional steps. Head here: https://code.jquery.com/ and click on minified, under jQuery 3.x and copy that code into Squarespace.

After you put that code into the code injection section in Squarespace, you can add the code I supplied. The code from me will need <script> added before it and </script> added after it (only for jQuery).

There are two places that you can add the code, one is site wide (adds to all pages). Settings -> Advanced -> Code Injection

The other is for a specific page (adds to one page only). Pages -> Gear Icon next to the page -> Advanced

3 hours ago, rwp said:

.header-nav a {
    background: none !important;
}

Thank you! Worked great for removing the underline 🙂