how to slow down animations even more.

Hey @johnay

I'm using collide and have found css to slow it down.
Basic speed is 800ms so just by changing that you can alter the speed (I'm trying 1600ms and it works great)

/*COLLIDE IMAGE POSITION RIGHT*/
.image-block-outer-wrapper.combination-animation-collide.image-position-right .image-inset{

transition: opacity 1600ms cubic-bezier(.4,0,.2,1),transform 1600ms cubic-bezier(.4,0,.2,1);
    will-change: opacity,transform;
}
.image-block-outer-wrapper.combination-animation-collide.image-position-right .sqs-dynamic-text-container {
    transition: opacity 1600ms cubic-bezier(.4,0,.2,1),transform 1600ms cubic-bezier(.4,0,.2,1);
}

/*COLLIDE IMAGE POSITION LEFT*/
.image-block-outer-wrapper.combination-animation-collide.image-position-left .image-inset{

}
.image-block-outer-wrapper.combination-animation-collide.image-position-left .sqs-dynamic-text-container {
}

I'm looking now for the same for the "reveal" animation..

Hope this helps.

Fab

alright try this and just change the "800ms" to the speed you want for vertical clip on an image block with text (works with overlap and collage for me) :

.image-block-outer-wrapper.combination-animation-vertical-clip .sqs-dynamic-text-container {
    transition: -webkit-clip-path 800ms cubic-bezier(.4,0,.2,1),clip-path 800ms cubic-bezier(.4,0,.2,1);
    will-change: -webkit-clip-path,clip-path;

I guess for horizontal clip you just have to change to .combination-animation-horizontal-clip

Cheers,

Fab

Edited by MidnightClub
Correction
On 8/7/2020 at 12:38 PM, MidnightClub said:

alright try this and just change the "800ms" to the speed you want for vertical clip on an image block with text (works with overlap and collage for me) :

.image-block-outer-wrapper.combination-animation-vertical-clip .sqs-dynamic-text-container {
    transition: -webkit-clip-path 800ms cubic-bezier(.4,0,.2,1),clip-path 800ms cubic-bezier(.4,0,.2,1);
    will-change: -webkit-clip-path,clip-path;

I guess for horizontal clip you just have to change to .combination-animation-horizontal-clip

Cheers,

Fab

thank you @MidnightClub for the response ! It doesn't seem to work on my site. i have put the code in custom CSS exactly as you said and have changed the speeds nothing is happening.  

On 8/10/2020 at 10:38 PM, MidnightClub said:

Hey @johnay

I can't access your site, tells me I don't have permissions.

Check the site availability in settings, must be on private and not password protected.

If I can have a look I'm sure we can find the right css for you.

Fab

hi @MidnightClub

I have put it on private now , before it was password protected with the password : johnay

thank you, 

john

4 hours ago, MidnightClub said:

Sorry now that i re read myself, it might have been confusing.. if it's in private we can't see it. and i tought it was the setting you had as it says I don't have permissions.

So setting has to be password protected
1715793855_Capturedecran2020-08-12a15_34_19.thumb.png.22f170767ac9dd976afc26f7630c3e44.png

ok I have set it to password protected with the password :- johnay

alright!

so on your homepage, i saw the blocks with horizontal clip anim. Speed is at 800ms, which I guess is default.

So if you add that to your css it should do the trick:

.image-block-outer-wrapper.combination-animation-horizontal-clip .image-block-wrapper{
transition: -webkit-clip-path 3600ms cubic-bezier(.4,0,.2,1),clip-path 3600ms cubic-bezier(.4,0,.2,1);
}

.image-block-outer-wrapper.combination-animation-vertical-clip .image-block-wrapper{
transition: -webkit-clip-path 3600ms cubic-bezier(.4,0,.2,1),clip-path 3600ms cubic-bezier(.4,0,.2,1);
}

I set it to 3600ms so that the difference is obvious, for both horizontal and vertical clip animation. So you just have to change that value to change the speed.

Let me know if it work.

Cheers,
Fab

12 minutes ago, MidnightClub said:

alright!

so on your homepage, i saw the blocks with horizontal clip anim. Speed is at 800ms, which I guess is default.

.image-block-outer-wrapper.combination-animation-horizontal-clip .image-block-wrapper{
}

.image-block-outer-wrapper.combination-animation-vertical-clip .image-block-wrapper{
}

I set it to 3600ms so that the difference is obvious, for both horizontal and vertical clip animation. So you just have to change that value to change the speed.

Let me know if it work.

Cheers,
Fab

it worked ! thank you @MidnightClub 

all the best, 
John

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/14/2020 at 12:01 AM, MidnightClub said:

alright!

}

}

Let me know if it work.

Cheers,
Fab

Hey Fab,

This looked great, is it possible to make it work on a scroll? So it vertically clips when the page is scrolled down and reversed when scroll up!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I´m looking for two things.

1.: to slow down the overall fade-in animation in the design of my webpage. It feels rather abprupt at the moment. Is this code working for that or is it specific for certain blocks? 

2.: I´m looking for a possibility to slow down the fade-in of slidergallery.

If the code above is possible to use for that, ca someone tell me how to apply it?

All the best

and thank you so much,

Julia

On 8/7/2020 at 1:11 PM, MidnightClub said:

Hey @johnay

I'm using collide and have found css to slow it down.
Basic speed is 800ms so just by changing that you can alter the speed (I'm trying 1600ms and it works great)

/*COLLIDE IMAGE POSITION RIGHT*/
.image-block-outer-wrapper.combination-animation-collide.image-position-right .image-inset{

}
.image-block-outer-wrapper.combination-animation-collide.image-position-right .sqs-dynamic-text-container {
}

/*COLLIDE IMAGE POSITION LEFT*/
.image-block-outer-wrapper.combination-animation-collide.image-position-left .image-inset{

}
.image-block-outer-wrapper.combination-animation-collide.image-position-left .sqs-dynamic-text-container {
}

I'm looking now for the same for the "reveal" animation..

Hope this helps.

Fab

Can you tell me, where I should add the code? Best regards, Julia

• 5 months later...
On 8/13/2020 at 8:01 AM, MidnightClub said:

alright!

}

}

Let me know if it work.

Cheers,
Fab

Could you help me with the fade transition? i cant figure out how to slow it down

• 2 months later...