Mobile Header

• Replies 5
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. This is very annoying that there is no control over this or at least when you change the header layout it only changes on the desktop and not mobile. I fought for hours going through my code to see if it was something that I caused. They must have changed something so I hope it was a mistake because I don't like this layout at all. My layout on mobile would always be Nav Left, Logo Center, & additional links "cart" Aligned Right.

130422659_AlignmentSS.JPG.ca24011f24d516fe89a7caab5e9cfa10.JPG

I'm sure this was a error an there will be a fix soon because I'm sure there has been enough people noticing this issue. At least I hope this was a mistake! 

I had the same problem today.  I found out that Squarespace released a new feature today for 7.1 that will give you  options to change the mobile header layout, but not all sites have this update yet.  If you start a trial site in 7.1 today, you will see the mobile header option. 

I used this code below to return my mobile icon back to the left.

.header-display-mobile .header-burger {position: absolute}

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
.header-burger.no-actions {
    order: 1 !important;
}
.header-title-nav-wrapper {
    order: 2;
}
.header-actions.header-actions--right {
    order: 3;
}
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Thanks for the reply, until there is a fix i just used this in my css for left align menu for mobile as stated above and the extra code for the logo back to middle.

.header-display-mobile .header-burger {position: absolute;}

.header-display-mobile .header-title-logo { 
    text-align:center;
    margin-left:20%;
}

I haven't set the margin property to calculate a perfect center but because the wrapper isn't 100% width of the header, centering with text-align won't make it center of the header so you have to offset it with a margin property.  

Archived