• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

CSS code not working on single page code injection

David_Ledger

Question

Site URL: https://mushroom-sapphire-grdc.squarespace.com/

(This code will allow a little outer glow around a specific image:)

If I put it in Design>Custom CSS, and it works, but I am trying to put page specific code on their respective pages to try to organize a bit better:

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1596655451516_4134 {.image-overlay {box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 4px (#fff);}}

How do I translate this code to a single blog page where I am either suppose to inject it into either the "Page Header Code Injection” area or the "Post Blog Item Code Injection
I thought it would be this but it is not working:

<style>
#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1596655451516_4134 {.image-overlay {box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 4px (#fff);}}
</style>

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
  • Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

That bloc id is for a specific image, Custom css applies it to all pages, so the one with the block will work, but if you post it in the header of any single page, it will not. This means you need to target the image block id put it in the code and apply the code to the page the image is on. You can id specific blocks with a free Chrome plug in:  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/squarespace-id-finder Once you id the block just change it in your code insert in the header of the page you want. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
Posted (edited)

Thanks Derrick,

That is the plug-in I used to id the block.  Like I said previously, it works when added to Design>Custom CSS, but I am not sure how to write it if I just wanted to add it to the Page Header Code Injection area of my blog page instead of the Design>Custom CSS area.

Edited by David_Ledger
Posted (edited)

I did that and it did not work.

I put this into the Into the Blog Page>Advanced>Page Header Code Injection:

<style>#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1596655451516_4134 {.image-overlay {box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 4px (#fff);}}</style>

Edited by David_Ledger

I appreciate you reaching out.  I originally put everything in the Design>Custom CSS area.  I was hoping to tidy up the site by moving CSS that only effected single pages pages over to the Code Injection areas.  No worries, it still works in the Custom CSS area.  Thank you!