Can't disable folder in navlink bedford, or hide first page - either would work!

Site URL: http://www.insideoutlearning.ca

Hi there,

Really frustrated and I'm a coding neophyte.

My site template is Bedford.

Issue: because the folders in the main nav menu click through to the first page in the folder (I have four folders across the header of the site), the nav menus essentially have two links to the first page in the drop down.

I see from forums that this is a common problem but the best I can do is to enter a space in the nav title of the first page in each folder. But that's weird because now there isn't a second title, but you can still click through on the blank space. It's clunky.

I'm looking to either:

1. Make the folder link (in the main nav) show the sub pages when the cursor is hovering, without the possibility of a click through on the folder nav itself.

OR

2. The ability to hide the first page from the nav menu (rather than using a single space as an imperfect cheat), in which case I'd change the name of the nav folder to that of the (now hidden) page. 

Either way, I'm just looking to clean this up.

Thank you in advance for anyone out there who can help!

• Replies 3
  • Views 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 6:30 PM, derricksrandomviews said:

Add to custom css

.folder-toggle {
    pointer-events: none;
}

Add this if mobile folder is not opening correctly:

@media screen and (min-width:641px) {