Assigning Individual Shipping to different sized items

*Is there a way to assign custom shipping price for different sized items?

I sell paintings - various sizes from small to large.

Using the weight and size tool doesnt seem to work as canvases are usually the same weight if they are a similar size.

Is there a way to assign a rate to large works, medium works and small works that doesnt allow the customer to select it at checkout?

I am concerned people will just pick the cheapest shipping price when realistically will cost me a lot more.

* a newbie to ecommerce by the way!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, JBrennan said:

I sell paintings. Is there a way to assign a rate to large works, medium works and small works that doesn't allow the customer to select it at checkout? Using the weight and size tool doesn't seem to work.

These are known limitations of Squarespace Commerce right now. 

A workaround is to use weight-dependent shipping options and add fictitious weights to each product so that the correct options are selected.

For example, if you set 100Kg for large works, 50Kg for medium works and 10Kg for small works and set the shipping prices accordingly. Then, when a customer adds a '100Kg' canvas to the cart, the 'large works' rate will be the only one available to them. Take care to add further shipping options for multiple items for example, two large works and so on.

I hope this helps.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

@paul2009 hi Paul, I am desperately trying to get an answer to this. We have quite a, few products of all different weights. Literally is the only way to solve this issue by allocating a weight to every single combination a customer might buy of our products?? Because working all that out is an almost impossible job, as there could be so many different combinations. This surely cannot be the answer? Very grateful if you can clarify as we are struggling and thought we were ready to launch! Thank you. 

13 hours ago, sandracheesman said:

I am desperately trying to get an answer to this.

I've replied in your other thread here:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/5/2020 at 9:39 AM, JBrennan said:

Is there a way to assign custom shipping price for different sized items?

In addition to the existing shipping settings based on weight and size, Squarespace now has a feature that allows you to set fulfillment profiles (both shipping and pickup) for individual products. 

You can limit shipping options to specific products or groups of products, for example to cater for oversized or fragile items. If customers check out with multiple products that have different fulfillment profiles, their purchase can be split into separate orders, one per shipping option they choose at checkout.

image.thumb.png.7eb56c740a0965f2b74a834e35459d24.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️