Google search not returning my site in results

Site URL: https://www.thewholealchemist.com

Hi all,

First post here. I've been having trouble understanding how Google searches for my site name when typing in just the site words separated by spaces as opposed the the actual URL. Typing in site:Https://www.thewholealchemist.com returns pages as indexed by Google so I know something is working but I don't know what I'm missing. Is it purely SEO management that is lacking to rank my site or something else? Still learning about SEO best practices and a long way off getting better ranking but would really appreciate your guys insights.

Cheers.

• Replies 4
  • Views 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How old is the domain? It's all about the hits. Good SEO is far from instantaneous. Takes time for it to work, and its more about your site coming up based on content as much or more as the domain name.  As an  example, I typed in  The Whole Alchemist in google search and your domain did not come up in the results. I typed "vegetarian diet and coaching the whole alchemist" and this came up at the top of the google search results it was item number one. Now you want the SEO and google to start finding you, get as many firends and family ans you can to type what I typed into the google search field, soon your domain will be found quickly.  

Search Results

Web results

With 1 on 1 coaching, I will guide you through the art of iridology and regenerative ... my detox meal guide to help you transition to a fruit based raw vegan diet.
Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 1 year later...

We have exactly the same problem with my partners website www.lucyryan.co.uk - I can only find it if I put in the whole website address. Does this mean we need to find some sentences in the website and search for them? The ones I have tried so far are too generic and still don't bring up her website. As you can probably tell - I am very new to this and the whole SEO ranking work. Any suggestions welcomed!

On 9/30/2021 at 2:41 PM, Steve59 said:

We have exactly the same problem with my partners website www.lucyryan.co.uk - I can only find it if I put in the whole website address. Does this mean we need to find some sentences in the website and search for them? The ones I have tried so far are too generic and still don't bring up her website. As you can probably tell - I am very new to this and the whole SEO ranking work. Any suggestions welcomed!

Here's some basic tips for you: 

1. Turn on SSL - that will help.

2. Put something in the site title - something you want her site to be found for. 

3. Put a H1 at the top of the home page that describes her book, and is also something you want the site to rank for. 

4. Make a google my business page for her (presumably, as an author)

5. Ask this site if they will link to it: https://mindspring.uk.com/pages/lucy-ryan