Split order - Partial payment

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• 2 weeks later...

The only current workaround is to embed an alternative commerce platform within Squarespace, and so I wrote an article about embedding Shopify Lite to take payments with Klarna. This isn't a perfect solution, but until Squarespace add "buy now, pay later" options to the platform, it is one of the only options available today for someone who has invested in Squarespace but needs to accept payments this way. See my post here for additional information:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...

I have a client who needs to do this... but only for 4 items on their site – not every single commerce item. By doing this, will I need to move all inventory to shopify? Or can I select which items to offer partial pay while leaving the others alone and in squarespace?

Back story: the client sells grass-fed organic black Angus beef. Burgers and steaks are affordable, but they offer whole cow options, which are over $1000 – hence the need for a partial pay/deposit on only a select few items.

Site not live yet or I would share link.

i'm blown away by how slow Squarespace appears to be (or how they don't really seem to care) in adapting to the current e-commerce climate brought about by the pandemic. so many features being requested by Squarespace customers Squarespace is failing to address that it looks like they are losing business. so much potential here for Squarespace to be at the forefront and become a serious competitor.  every day i see here in the forum requests from users for features that should have been present from the start (or should have already been implemented because they've been requested for years!) and i'm disheartened. i've only had my Squarespace store since May and there are some features i wish are already there, but so far i have made it work with what is there. i would hate to move again but if things become unmanageable, i may have to eventually move to Shopify.

On 12/19/2020 at 6:28 PM, lqdesignstudios said:

I have a client who needs to do this... but only for 4 items on their site – not every single commerce item. By doing this, will I need to move all inventory to shopify? Or can I select which items to offer partial pay while leaving the others alone and in squarespace?

Technically it's possible, but I don't recommend it. This is because:

• From the customer's point of view, different products would be added to different carts, so it would get confusing if they want to buy one of the four products and something else.
  • From the store owner's point of view, they'd need to process orders for these four products on an entirely different platform, with different payment, shipping and so on.

That said, the client could try it out by creating a separate landing page for these higher priced items, where the other areas of the site are hidden, for example, the Squarespace cart and links to other pages of the site. Shopify Lite allows you to try Shopify Buy Buttons on a Squarespace site for $9 a month.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
  • Solution
2 hours ago, KLivs said:

Is this post still accurate? I see that we can now have Clearpay and Afterpay (?), but they don't support digital products

Squarespace does now support Afterpay (Clearpay in the UK) but not for digital products.