Not seeing Venmo as option during PayPal checkout

Testing PayPal checkout on my new site, I can't get the Venmo button to appear. Based on the PayPal documentation, I've done all this on my Venmo account:

- Enabled mobile buying in my browser

- Turned off PayPal one-touch

- Cleared browser cache and cookies

I'm still only seeing the PayPal button. Has anyone else run into this, or have more ideas? Many thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

If after clicking Continue with PayPal you don’t see the option to Pay with Venmo, check you have enabled mobile web purchases in the Venmo app.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 7 months later...

Watched the video on squarespace about Venmo now available and in the video it shows the Venmo Icon in the squarespace, I do know it appears on my own paypal if I select paypal as the method of payment - however we want an icon showing on the squarespace website itself and I don't see how to make that happen

Paul, yes I DO see the Venmo option when clicking on the PayPal link and it goes to my own PayPay account - we want the Venmo icon to appear in the checkout, before you click on PayPal to pay, in the Squarespace video instructions is shows that, how can we make that happen?

2 hours ago, Joyanna said:

we want the Venmo icon to appear in the checkout, before you click on PayPal to pay

This isn’t possible. The Venmo option will only appear after you choose to Continue with PayPal. The checkout cannot be modified to change this behaviour. You can inform potential customers about the payment methods you accept, by including payment icons in your footer.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

totally agreed. If you guys could add the Venmo graphic to those who would like to offer both options that would be extremely helpful. some people do not have PayPal, yet they have Venmo and it makes them hesitant to click it(PayPal button) at check out for Venmo. They don't understand the integration of it and It makes checkout for them more complicated. You, Squarespace, hold the solution. 

3 minutes ago, DKelley said:

You, Squarespace, hold the solution.

As mentioned in point 6 of the forum guidelines, Squarespace don't routinely monitor this forum for feature requests. I recommend you contact Squarespace Customer Care to log your concern about this feature. The more they hear from customers who are affected by missing features, the easier it is for them to prioritise them.