• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Code to fix banner in Bedford template

SugartoothTours

Question

4 answers to this question

It's not your fault @SugartoothTours. The code posted above isn't valid.

However, rather than trying to change the way Bedford crops the banner image, the more reliable solution would be to remove the text/graphics from the image so that the cropping isn't an issue. This will make the banner image clearer on mobile too. You can then add the review banner text and graphics as a separate item using an Image Block that won't crop.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

.#collection-5ddacc77460bea394445873a .transparent-header.view-list .banner-thumbnail-wrapper,
.transparent-header.collection-type-page .banner-thumbnail-wrapper {
 padding: 180px 0 155px;
}

This is targeted to the banner the image is in on the home page. You can adjust the padding numbers to enlarge or shrink the banner and the image will fill the box. I am assuming your banner header is set for transparent. If it has an adverse effect just remove it and let me know. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
15 hours ago, SugartoothTours said:

Thanks for the help! It didn't work, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. I added the code to custom css and it still isn't a fixed banner image. It also says there is a syntax error in line one.

Can you post all code here?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.