Is there a way to transfer blog posts from 7.0 to 7.1?

• 1 year later...
On 10/19/2021 at 11:26 AM, caroline.leonard said:

I see in the information about moving from 7.0 to 7.1 that pages and content like blog posts aren't transferable. Did you find a solution to this?

If you take a look at Squarewebsites you'll find a great product called the Tools Extension PRO that can take of this, or you can book someone to take care of the blog transfer for you.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 6 months later...

just adding a comment here in case someone comes up with and posts a solution to this in the future. I have a couple thousand blog posts, so for now am just staying with Squarespace 7 in hopes of a way being worked out in the future.

motion graphic designer in SoCal - feel free to check out my site (built on the Polaris template): [motion graphic design by jonberrydesign][1] [1]: http://jonberrydesign.com

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, sharongpastore said:

did you find that this worked?

@sharongpastore If it helps, I've used the tool since Michael first developed it, and I've migrated many, many blogs from 7.0 to 7.1 without difficulty 🙂

The challenge with 7.0 to 7.1 migrations is that you won't be able to migrate the backend data, like Customers, Accounts, Subscriptions and so on.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

26 minutes ago, sharongpastore said:

When do you usually advise a client to move to 7.1?  Or when do you suggest they stay with 7.0?

In summary, there's no need for a client to move away from their v7.0 site until the day that they want to use one of the new features that are only available on v7.1. 

Brine templates on the v7.0 platform provide a rock-solid solution and will continue to do so for years to come, but the underlying v7.0 framework is becoming dated and so isn't capable of supporting many of the newer features that clients ask about.

For example, on Squarespace 7.1 you can:

• sell up to 10,000 products on one page. You are not limited to 200 products per page. 
  • categorise products in nested categories. You are not limited to simple categories.
  • host videos natively on Squarespace and show them on video pages
  • have page sections with individual styling options
  • create a colour palette to match a brand identity and then apply it to the whole site
  • have a separate Member Area navigation

• 2 months later...

I also have a 7.0 website/blog that I am moving to the fluid engine. I don't mind re-creating the blogs but I am wondering if I can make the links the same once I get rid of my old website so all of my SEO and searches remain the same. Currently I am paying for the 7.0 and the 7.1 website until I am finished with the new one, then will cancel the 7.0. I have the same domain name so I am wondering if I can create duplicate links so my old blog post links just go to the new ones? 

1 hour ago, SandraB said:

I also have a 7.0 website/blog that I am moving to the fluid engine. I don't mind re-creating the blogs but I am wondering if I can make the links the same once I get rid of my old website so all of my SEO and searches remain the same. Currently I am paying for the 7.0 and the 7.1 website until I am finished with the new one, then will cancel the 7.0. I have the same domain name so I am wondering if I can create duplicate links so my old blog post links just go to the new ones? 

If you keep the same domain name, same blog page name and the same blog titles, the links will be the same.

• 1 month later...