surface pro 3 and squarespace 7.1

I use a surface pro 3, testing squarespace ver 7.1,  can edit text if I use a tab to get to a simple text box, but otherwise , it is almost impossible to get the mouse to trigger a block for editing.  No external monitor.  Anyone find a solution?

mouse works fine in all other programs I use, windows 10 and chrome up to date. Same issue with edge.

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same issue here... Stand-alone Surface Pro works great.  I did notice that everything works fine (with large external monitor, wireless keyboard/mouse) if you simply open the Surface Pro with keyboard attached...  It all works, but it's all dumb.  It's remarkable by just opening/closing the keyboard make a difference.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same problem here, with Surface Go 2 & Brydge keyboard. Grr!

I had an online chat last week with a lovely young man on SS support, about not being able to edit, but iirc I didn't explicitly say that I was using a Surface device - it only just occurred to me that that might be an issue. 

Fumbling, slowly and seldom surely, through creating and maintaining my first site. Sufficiently stupid to be starting another at the same time. What could possibly go wrong?

7.1. Current subs to Office 365 (Family) and G Suite (Basic) and still trying to work out which works best with SS for me.

Update. Same issues on the thread below (& quite possibly more. I've not finished searching yet), which includes some fixes which seem to have worked for others. They didn't for me, alas, but posting here in case it's of use to anyone still struggling on this thread. Also found a couple of reddit threads which I'll post below...

Fumbling, slowly and seldom surely, through creating and maintaining my first site. Sufficiently stupid to be starting another at the same time. What could possibly go wrong?

7.1. Current subs to Office 365 (Family) and G Suite (Basic) and still trying to work out which works best with SS for me.

• 3 months later...

yes this is becoming a very common issue in these days and i watch so many people who are facing the similar issue by the way if you plz give me some more details about it then i will be able to solve it easily i wanna just confirm that is it the same one that my friends faced if you have no idea to explain it then see on thiswebsite and take guidance from here.

Archived