Can anyone help me with this

Hi guys, been with squarespace for a very long time and I have only come across this issue right now. 

Its only now that i have decided to utilise the search bar on this website i am developing, but I am coming across one irritating thing that i would really appreciate anyone with any knowledge of how to overcome it...

The image attached shows my search bar, when you type in, for this example, the start of a postcode, the search bar shows the Name of the file with the JPG present...

Does anyone know how I can remove that JPG wording within the search bar, I have noticed that the images from squarespace do not have this problem, where as images i upload onto the website do? 

Really grateful for any responses and thank you 

JPG issue.jpg

• Tintin1117 changed the title to Problem With Searching Tagged Images

See the article that I wrote here: How to hide items from Squarespace search results

If this doesn't help, please provide a working link to your site. If the site isn't live yet, please set a site password and tell us what it is, so that we can view it.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...

Site URL: https://www.lastminutelocalgifts.com/

Hi all, Been trying to get this matter resolved without having to spend a fortune. 

Whenever someone conducts a search on my platform the image title shows "JPG" at the end of it. I was hoping to see if anyone has a script that removes this. 

E.g When you search for example "Chunky Monkey" in the search bar, the result shows "Chunky Monkey Blankets.JPG" I want to remove the JPG. 

So I inspected the page and found the following element. 

<div class="sqs-title" id="yui_3_17_2_1_1596025138196_1404">
                  Austin &amp; Jax.JPG
                </div>

Is there anyway i can translate this into to a CSS so that it removes the JPG on all images on our platform when its searched for? 

Thanks all 

Search block as opposed to search page can limit searches to one page like a blog or a collection or a shop page. If you want to hide images this should work but I don't know if it will hide ones that you want to show up:

/* Hide IMAGES that match search criteria */
.search-result .sqs-search-container-item.sqs-post.sqs-post-type-image.ContentItem.sqs-search-page-item {
  display: none;
}
On 7/29/2020 at 9:05 PM, Tintin1117 said:

Hi Derrick, Would this hide the word "JPG" at the end of the file name... Here is an example...I want to remove the word JPG on every image? 

This in Search page or? Can you share link to page in screenshot? We can check easier.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...

On 7/13/2020 at 4:58 AM, paul2009 said:

See the article that I wrote here: How to hide items from Squarespace search results

If this doesn't help, please provide a working link to your site. If the site isn't live yet, please set a site password and tell us what it is, so that we can view it.

Hi,

I need to hide 1 Blog page and and all the posts in this collection from the search results of my site www.gypset.com

ts this url slug atlas-map-locations and the collection page is called Atlas Map Locations

Is there a way to make that code work for me? Thanks! @paul2009

• 1 year later...

I am looking for a similar solution. I've created a films page from a gallery and summary block and would like the search to be limited to this page https://cargofilm-staging.squarespace.com/films (password: cargo). I used the code provided in @dchavez article to restrict blog search but my problem is this was done in 7.0 using Index pages so the pages are named "Gabi/ Gabi Banner / Gabi Details" which all show. I know I can rename the pages to remove the titles but it's over 100. I am hopeful there is a way to limit the search to the index only. Does this make sense? Thanks for your help!

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 8.30.20 AM.png