Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How to connect your Squarespace eCommerce website to the Pinterest Verified Merchant Program

Site URL: https://andreali.com/news-blog/2020/6/4/how-to-connect-your-squarespace-ecommerce-website-to-pinterest-verified-merchant-program

The Pinterest platform recently announced the opportunity for creators and sellers to become verified merchants on their site. As a verified merchant, your Pinterest account would display within your profile page a checkmark, a’la Twitter’s verified badge. Additionally, your account would be able to post Shoppable Pins to the platform. Those are some great benefits (see here) to obtain from the Pinterest platform - so I worked with my team to create this guide for myself and others, sharing how we were able to achieve Verified Merchant status on Pinterest using my Squarespace eCommerce website. (One quick note - at the time of this writing, you must be a US based merchant to become Verified.)

Because Squarespace is not as supported with Pinterest as Shopify (they provide an third-party app to handle all the technical integration to Pinterest) my team and I had to figure out our own way to make this happen. 

Details of our findings as well as the code snippets to copy and paste are all outlined in my blog post with the provided URL above.

Blog Post Covers.png

• 1 month later...
  • Jo_SQSP featured this topic
  • 8 months later...

Hi Andrea,

I saw your post on your website and this post here. First off, thanks for putting together the comprehensive guide on this.

Are you aware of how I might engage this exact same process on SQSP 7.1?

I noticed on the comments in your website that you were aware there's potential that the Squarespace team incorporated the necessary adjustments to integrate those Pinterest tracking features. Do you happen to have any updates there?

Thanks!

Will

• 3 months later...

This is great, was making my way through until 'The tradeoff of turning on developer mode is that once you activate it, you won’t get template updates anymore. ' ... this scared me 🤣

Gutted, that I can't do something simple, to help my business, and stay on Squarespace. 

33 minutes ago, clarabua said:

This is great, was making my way through until 'The tradeoff of turning on developer mode is that once you activate it, you won’t get template updates anymore. ' ... this scared me 🤣

Indeed. I don't recommend that anyone enables Developer Mode unless they are a Developer.

Note also that Squarespace 7.1 doesn't have a Developer Mode.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.