CSV import bulk products

Site URL: http://www.demanegolf.com/used-taylormade-shafts-with-adapter-sleeves

Hi. My neighbor is 68 and not getting any younger. He is a third gen club fitter/maker who has a basement full of relics, shafts many he paid hundreds for (each shaft!). I'm guessing about 100 shafts.

He has been a Sqaurespace user for years, and while I use WP, don't want him to have to learn a whole new CMS. That said, adding bulk products, manually, by duplication is arduous even painful, to be honest. It too my much of a weekend to get just a few done, often the CMS duplicated product would just disappear.

I read (in the self-help area for commerce) where you can export the inventory as a CSV, which I did. I opened that in excel, the SKUs, some areas seem uneducable. I'm wondering if anyone can help me set up the file so I can copy rows and rows of products, edit them directly in the spreadsheet, and if there is anyway to link images say from my Flickr site, to the product so I can shoot 1000 shafts and upload them quickly, copy and paste the links into the spreadsheet.

These shafts have so many variations, but most made by a few companies, so I might have 300 TaylorMade shafts, some made by Fujikura, others by Aldila, etc. Each year they come up with a new iteration, they vary in weight, flex, etc. So, anything would be better than manually adding one at a time, even the variations options don't really work well as I've had products delete themselves right when I was editing! Killed me.

Any help much appreciated! I can't seem to attach his very small inventory CSV, it is the wrong file type.

I've put the CSV into my dropbox and linked it here, if anyone has any ideas, or can modify this in some way that I can copy to build his store. Thanks again!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/um379or79vfmw57/products_Jul-23_01-39-42PM.csv?dl=0

• Replies 0
  • Views 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived