• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Holden

Enlarging description captions under gallery images

Posted (edited)

Site URL: http://www.scopephotonics.com

TLDR: Want to enlarge description font under gallery images on desktop.

So I'm trying to display 8 photos with descriptions underneath them. Ideally it'd be a 2x4 grid on desktop, 1x8 grid on mobile. Can't seem to get this working, so now trying Strip style and committing to 1x8 regardless. On mobile this looks great, but on desktop the text is incredibly small font compared to the giant images. I've tried messing around with settings, and even pasting in code to the Custom CSS box in Home>Design>Custom CSS, but the latter doesn't even do anything to the website. 

Any fixes, whether with css code (along with help on how to actually get custom css code working) or just settings/styles, would be amazing!!

PS: Very new to squarespace, apologize if this is a simple fix

Edited by Holden

Hi. Which images? I don't see any images..

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

On 7/25/2020 at 9:03 PM, tuanphan said:

Hi. Which images? I don't see any images..

The images on the 'applications' page - there should be 8 of them, beginning with one of someone holding a phone.

26 minutes ago, Holden said:

The images on the 'applications' page - there should be 8 of them, beginning with one of someone holding a phone.

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

/* application page gallery caption szie */
body#collection-5f1795d34784d50d3fe7b2fd p.gallery-caption-content {
    font-size: 20px !important;
}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

/* application page gallery caption szie */
body#collection-5f1795d34784d50d3fe7b2fd p.gallery-caption-content {
    font-size: 20px !important;
}

That worked fantastically, thank you! One followup question if you don't mind - how do you enlarge the caption width to fit the full width of the image, like normal text on Squarespace does?

Thanks so much!!

Edited by Holden

3 minutes ago, Holden said:

That would fantastically, thank you! One followup question if you don't mind - how do you enlarge the caption width to fit the full width of the image, like normal text on Squarespace does?

Thanks so much!!

Add to Home >D esign > Custom CSS

/* fullwidth gallery caption */
figcaption.gallery-caption.gallery-caption-grid-strips {
    max-width: 100%;
}

2 minutes ago, tuanphan said:

Add to Home >D esign > Custom CSS

/* fullwidth gallery caption */
figcaption.gallery-caption.gallery-caption-grid-strips {
    max-width: 100%;
}

Thank you, that works great!