Modify Digital Download Email

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.realestateanalyzers.com/

Is it possible to modify the email that automatically gets sent to a buyer of a digital product? Right now this is what is sent:

Your Digital Downloads

Order Number: #52487 (placed on July 22, 2020 at 3:29 PM ET)

Thank you for your order at Real Estate Analyzers. Your purchase includes digital downloads. Click the links below to get the files. Note that they will expire within 24 hours of your first access.

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS
digitaldownloadfile.zip

I would like to add some text that direct the user to a link on my site for additional support and to get started.

Thanks!
  • Solution

You cannot modify the email containing the link to the file, but you can modify the standard order confirmation email that will also be sent when they make the purchase.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...

How do we get this placed as a modification request? That email is horrible and does not explain the 24 hour period at all. Customers routinely think it means 24 hours after they have first accessed it. We spend hours weekly answering customer complaint emails just because of this terrible email. This has to be such a simple code change to modify. Are there any other options to modify this email?

Yeah this is kinda wack, especially during covid.  I have clients selling unique individual zoom links for unique classes, and as I understand it I can't get SquareSpace product purchase confirmation emails to automatically send a unique zoom link.  

That leaves digital downloads as the option, where you put the link in a txt file or what have you, but they have to D/L the text file within 24 hours?  What is that?

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm often wrong), but this is a major issue if there's no way to just sell links on your site, which offers services where the thing you bought was a link and you should have access to it until the online class starts.

Edited by tinyinternetcompany
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 4:33 AM, tinyinternetcompany said:

I have clients selling unique individual zoom links for unique classes, and as I understand it I can't get SquareSpace product purchase confirmation emails to automatically send a unique zoom link.

See my post here:

As I mentioned in the post above, Squarespace Scheduling (formally Acuity) is usually perfect for this because customers can book a series of classes, add them to their calendar, and receive a personalised email. In the email you can add details of the Zoom session for a specific number of classes using the recurring appointment feature. 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 11 months later...

I'm also struggling with this issue. I'm selling links to tutorial videos, so if I were to use digital downloads as the solution, where you put the link in a txt file with the user downloading the text file within 24 hours - it just won't work for me. Could the 24 hours link be made made that it never times out?

Scheduling also won't work for me because it's not a meeting, it's a prerecorded video link.

Please could you build in a option to have a link sent out when a digital product is bought?

53 minutes ago, maria_lw said:

I'm also struggling with this issue.

What issue are you struggling with?

You can already send the customer a file containing the link to the video. It can be any file type.

Once the customer has read the email attachment, they'll be able to access the video. If a customer clicks the attachment after it has expired, Squarespace will automatically send a new link to the file.

• 1 year later...