Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Accepting & Declining Orders

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you explain why you would want to decline orders?

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

2 hours ago, XzavierCrawl said:

I was wondering if i can accept [orders] at my own pace so when an order is made the money will not be deposited until I accept the order.

Squarespace is built for a simple sales workflow, where payment is taken at the time of the order. You cannot save the payment details and charge the customer later.

If you are concerned about the pace at which orders can be fulfilled, I recommend that you state your delivery expectations upfront. A terms and conditions page is useful for this, but it's a good idea to place a linked message beside every product and/or using a Custom Checkout Form where you ask customers to accept the terms before placing an order.

I hope this helps.

Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, markdarwen said:

my reason was linked to the absence of UK delivery options by postcode

Is this for delivery by the merchant's own transport, or for delivery by courier/post?

• 4 weeks later...