Find results in...
Advanced Search
KellenMcG

Display multiple dates for same event

Question

Posted (edited)

Site URL: https://porcupine-bird-ax5f.squarespace.com

*site password is handtasteferments*

Hi, I am building a site for my client that will host a number of "pop-up" food events every month, some of which are on multiple days, i.e. Friday July 31st and Saturday August 1st. Always at the same time (i.e. 5-8pm) and with the exact same content (location, menu, sign up, etc). Right now I can only select a start date and an end date, but then the event looks like it goes from July 31 at 5pm to August 1 at 9pm. I display events on both the homepage as a summary block (with date and time as meta data below the content) and of course on the actual event listing and detail pages. I'm looking for a way to include both days so instead of July 31 - August 1 it says "July 31 & August 1". I've already used CSS to remove the little tag date that was showing up on the thumbnail so it's just the text itself. Thanks for any help!

homepage event summary.png

event detail page.png

event listing page.png

Edited by KellenMcG
wrong link

6 answers to this question

Hi there

You can try this snippet, add it into Advanced-> Custom code injection

document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function(event) { 
  document.querySelectorAll(".summary-metadata-item.summary-metadata-item--date").forEach(function(el) {
        var modified = el.innerText.replace("–", "&");
        el.innerText = modified;
    });
});

image.png.c13c7c31c1ebe1be6bd64f7b35f100eb.png

I am frontend dev that provide solutions to enhance feature of squarespace.com can't provide, please check my profile for more details

--- To Space And Beyond! ---

https://www.freelancer.com/u/BaNgan

Hi @bangank36, thanks so much for your reply. 

However, I've tried injecting that code into both the header and the footer blocks and it just...shows up as text either in the header or the footer - see attached. Could you please advise on next steps? Am I doing something wrong here? 

thanks again!

event code snippet header.png

Thanks, again. However, this only seems to update the summary block on the homepage - it doesn't do anything to the event listings page or the event details page. Is there something I can do to make this update "globally"? 

Hey @bangank36 I would really appreciate your input here, again. the code you provided is working on the homepage summary, but the event page and details pages still looks terrible and inaccurate. Thanks so much!

Hi, just following up here for anyone to assist. The code above works for the main summary page, but not the event detail pages.