Display multiple dates for same event

Site URL: https://porcupine-bird-ax5f.squarespace.com

*site password is handtasteferments*

Hi, I am building a site for my client that will host a number of "pop-up" food events every month, some of which are on multiple days, i.e. Friday July 31st and Saturday August 1st. Always at the same time (i.e. 5-8pm) and with the exact same content (location, menu, sign up, etc). Right now I can only select a start date and an end date, but then the event looks like it goes from July 31 at 5pm to August 1 at 9pm. I display events on both the homepage as a summary block (with date and time as meta data below the content) and of course on the actual event listing and detail pages. I'm looking for a way to include both days so instead of July 31 - August 1 it says "July 31 & August 1". I've already used CSS to remove the little tag date that was showing up on the thumbnail so it's just the text itself. Thanks for any help!

homepage event summary.png

event detail page.png

event listing page.png

Edited by KellenMcG
wrong link

Hi there

You can try this snippet, add it into Advanced-> Custom code injection

document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function(event) { 
  document.querySelectorAll(".summary-metadata-item.summary-metadata-item--date").forEach(function(el) {
        var modified = el.innerText.replace("–", "&");
        el.innerText = modified;
    });
});

image.png.c13c7c31c1ebe1be6bd64f7b35f100eb.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Hi @bangank36, thanks so much for your reply. 

However, I've tried injecting that code into both the header and the footer blocks and it just...shows up as text either in the header or the footer - see attached. Could you please advise on next steps? Am I doing something wrong here? 

thanks again!

event code snippet header.png

Wrap the snippet between the tags <script> </script>

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I guess there's been no improvement from Squarespace on this?

We've been living with this problem for years. What we do is make sure that each of our event descriptions and excerpts leads with text giving the actual date and time, e.g., Saturday Oct 30 and Saturday Nov 6, 2021, 10 am to 4 pm.  I believe that over time we have actually trained our clientele to recognize and subliminally adjust for Squarespace event date anomalies. 😁

A worse problem, as I see it, is that a disjointed event date span, like the one above, makes a mess when displayed in the calendar format, because it shows the event on every single day in the intervening week. We finally just gave up trying to display a calendar of events on our Squarespace site.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Can you share your URL so I can take a look?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too have events that last multiple days with a same time frame for each day and I would like the ability to show that on our post for the events. People are getting confused when visiting the site asking it it is an overnight camp. Looking forward to getting this resolved, hopefully squarespace will address this issue soon.

On 1/5/2023 at 8:21 PM, jotobias said:

It would be nice to be able to display multiple dates with varying times for the same event.

10 hours ago, Patterson said:

I too have events that last multiple days with a same time frame for each day...People are getting confused when visiting the site asking it it is an overnight camp.

If an event occurs at the same time on several days, the workaround is to create an event for the first day and then duplicate the event, changing the date for each duplicate. This will ensure the times are clearly shown for each day.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

4 hours ago, paul2009 said:

If an event occurs at the same time on several days, the workaround is to create an event for the first day and then duplicate the event, changing the date for each duplicate. This will ensure the times are clearly shown for each day.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Gotcha, understood, I have done this in the past it unfortunately confused people and messed with our registration process as the same form couldn't be on multiple event pages (unless I am wrong).

Thanks @paul2009