Site looks different on different desktop computers?

• Replies 2
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say you are doing anything wrong. It is the nature of the beast, the internet world in which we live. Squarespace sites, make major adjustments to themselves to match the parameters of whatever screen size of the device a viewer is using to look at a site. It does more than just shrink it down it moves things around, crops images in a way you would not expect and sometimes do not like. Re-centers or off centers text, buttons blocks. It can be frustrating at times. That is why you have the different views in config to choose from. However, they don't always present a true picture. I have found that I cannot match mobile to desktop regardless of how it is looked at, landscape or portrait, so I just have to arrange things so that it becomes acceptable for all devices. Mobile tends to stack elements, one over the other creating a long scrolling page, columns will shrink and in some cases go away. It is hard for me because I don't like viewing websites from a mobile device at all, but 60 percent of viewers look at sites from a mobile device as opposed to a desktop. Gotta learn to live with it. My site looks very different on a mobile device, not nearly as good as from a desktop but I have managed to arrange the desktop to keep certain things from looking really bad on a phone, images squeezing together, buttons landing on top of each other, that sort of thing.  Remember this, mobile tends to crop the view, not shrink it down. That is why some banners and images don't look the way you would like them. As I said you are not doing anything wrong. Look at mine on desktop and mobile, and afterwards you might not feel so bad about how yours changes. 

my random views derrick Lee parker

• 1 year later...