Avenue with Lightbox

Using Avenue with an Index page.

Does anyone know how I find the url to a particular location inside the lightbox (not the thumbnail page)?

Here's an explanation, with a non-squarespace site example at the end that does what I want.

I use an index page for different portfolios. When someone clicks on the image to the portfolio they are interested in, they'll get a page with thumbnails for all the images in that portfolio. I currently have each thumbnail image initiate a Lightbox.

I'd like to change this and have each thumbnail open a page. The page for that image would have these components:

1- A larger view of the image, with text below.

2- The thumbnails for that Portfolio below.

I want the user to have two options:

1- Clicking on the large image on that page to launch the lightbox of all images in the selected portfolio (starting with that image), followed with the rest like any lightbox.

2- Clicking on a different thumbnail (below the main image on that page) starts the process over (the lightbox starting with the image of the selected thumbnail).

Here's a nice page (not done in Squarespace) that shows the functionality, and the workflow I'm suggesting for squarespace.

https://www.holdenluntz.com

Workflow:

Click on the menu item: Artist. The resulting page is like an Avenue Index showing Artists. It would be Portfolios in my case.

If you then click on an Artist, it brings up a page with an image and text under it, and then thumbnails for the artist below.

1- If you click on the main image, you get a lightbox (starting with that image).

2- If you X out of the Lightbox, it brings you back to the page with the main image and the thumbnails below (which you can then select from).

And the process continues.

Hope this all makes sense. Anyone?

• Replies 2
  • Views 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I  think Avenue comes the closest to looking and behaving like the site you posted above. You would use the Avenue index pages, but not the gallery pages. They stack the photos when viewed from an index and there is no lightbox when you use a gallery page. What you would want to do is use a blank page with a gallery block or multiple image blocks or a combination of the two and put that page in an index which provides the thumbnails. I have a setup with a mixture of image pages, some gallery pages, some with a slideshow, (no light box effect there) and some with a grid or wall which does allow lightbox. I can also set those images to click thru to another page, which could be a second index page. You simply have to think how you want to layer your site, knowing that gallery pages stack images, and you can't put an index page inside an index page, there has to be something in between, an image on a page and that clicks thru to a second index page. 

my random views derrick Lee parker    My Avenue Site.

There is one other template you might want to take a look at as well, just to see it.

https://flatiron-demo.squarespace.com/

Archived