"moving" blocks over when inserting a new one in a list

Site URL: https://wolf-panda-dnzy.squarespace.com/team

Hello! I am creating some pages for a client that requires a lot of blocks next to each other, in a specific order. In one case, it is a team page where each person is in their own block, arranged chronologically when they were here. If a new person needs to be added as the latest addition to the team, they should be the FIRST person now, but this means, moving EVERYONE over and re-creating all the blocks?

In the other scenario, I have a long list of blocks that are arranged in alpha order. If a new item needs to be inserted that has to be placed somewhere in between two existing blocks, how do I do that without again recreating the entire page following where that block gets inserted?

Am I missing a way to insert a new block and have all the blocks "move over"?

The site is pw protected and I can't give out the pw since it's a clients', but I am attaching screenshot. 

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 10.59.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 10.59.02 PM.png

3 hours ago, mellovero said:

Am I missing a way to insert a new block and have all the blocks "move over"?

You’re not missing anything. However, rather than using individual blocks, it’s more efficient to use a ‘collection’. For example, use a Gallery Block for the team page. When you need to add a new member, you can drag them into the correct position within the gallery.  Another alternative is to create an unlinked (hidden) Gallery page or Blog page to contain the information. Then you can add a Summary Block to the visible page and link it to the information. These are much more flexible for up to 30 items. 

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee