Blogging solution?

Site URL: https://tetra-bobcat-rw7c.squarespace.com/

Hi,

I'm putting together my first site with SquareSpace. Very happy so far with everything but I'm now getting to the blog part and I'm not in love.

What I need is something super fast and easy--I want to be able to copy text without the paragraphs being all run together (as they are with this new site), I want to be able to drag photos (ideally from the desktop or Apple Photos) directly into the post rather than via some sort of template adjustment or uploading process, and I'd love a great iPad client that I can use offline.

What are people using--can I use some other blogging service and just link back and forth to my Squarespace site? Or is there some other Squarespace "theme", plug-in or integration that offers what I need?

Happy to use a paid service, just need something that "just works" and doesn't require a lot of page design work when all I want to do is content.

Thanks!

--Darin

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/17/2020 at 5:56 AM, darin said:

What I need is something super fast and easy--I want to be able to copy text without the paragraphs being all run together (as they are with this new site), I want to be able to drag photos (ideally from the desktop or Apple Photos) directly into the post rather than via some sort of template adjustment or uploading process, and I'd love a great iPad client that I can use offline.

What are people using--can I use some other blogging service and just link back and forth to my Squarespace site? Or is there some other Squarespace "theme", plug-in or integration that offers what I need?

On Squarespace you'll need to upload images to an Image Block (or another image supporting block) inside blog posts for them to show on the page. Once the image is uploaded then you can drag / move them around the page. As for using another service and linking back to your site, you could just use a web address (of your external blogging service) as a navigation link. 

Any Squarespace template allow drag and drop of images directly to any kind of page including blog post from your desktop, the time it takes is directly related to the upload speed of your internet provider. One of the reasons I have built sites on Squarespace is because of the way it works for photography as opposed to other hosting companies. I spent a lot of time researching it. That was five years ago and I am still with them. I am also a story writer, not really a blogger, and I find SS to be most easy to work with in that regard as well. All my sites are on 7.0 but 7.1 works. I am experimenting with it at the moment. 

my random views derrick Lee parker

Christine Gregory Photography

Archived